Danielle Hudson Laughlin
Top rated Business & Corporate attorney in Johns Creek, GeorgiaSage Business Counsel Powered by Hudson Legal, LLC
The founder of Sage Business Counsel in Johns Creek, Georgia, Danielle Hudson Laughlin has over a decade of experience helping businesses of all sizes with business transactions and disputes.
Ms. Laughlin graduated in 2006 with a B.A. in philosophy from Georgia State University, where she was a HOPE Scholarship recipient. After completing her pre-law studies, she attended the Georgia State University College of Law and received her J.D. in 2011. During her time in law school, she was a member of the Business Law Society, an associate editor for the Law Review president of The Federalist Society, and a member of the Student Trial Lawyers Association, which won awards for trial advocacy. Additionally, she and her peers started the Be Your Own Boss club to encourage other law students to consider entrepreneurship, and she was a featured blogger for the GSU Law newspaper, The Docket.
Even prior to her work as an attorney, Mrs. Laughlin gained invaluable exposure to the inner workings of the Georgia judicial system. She provided several hours of pro bono service to the Superior Court of Fulton County under Judge Wendy Shoob, as well as the Georgia Court of Appeals under former chief judges Yvette Miller Stephen Dillard. This eagle-eye perspective is one of many advantages she brings to client litigation matters, and one that landed her the highest pro bono distinction available for law students.
Attorney Laughlin's tenacity for law and entrepreneurship is rooted in her own family story. Both of her parents owned and worked in small businesses. She herself was a single parent when she launched her law firm, demonstrating her commitment to family, law, and small business.
One to spread the knowledge gained over her vast career, Ms. Laughlin has had many articles published in a plethora of journals and magazines, including The Atlanta-Journal Constitution and the Athens Banner-Herald. She has a rating of 9.3/10 on Avvo for her favorable client testimonials and high ethical standing in the legal community.
Practice areasBusiness/Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions
Business Formation and Planning, Business Organizations, Contracts, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter S Corporations
First Admitted: 2011, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://sagebusinesscounsel.com/danielle-hudson-laughlin/
- President, The Federalist Society, 2010 – 2011
- Co-Founder, Be Your Own Boss Club, 2010
- Gwinnett Pro Bono Project
- Associate Legislative Editor, Law Review, 2010 – 2011
- (Unpublished, Honorable Mention) Georgia State University Law Review, Student Note, “Preventing Orwell’s 1984: How a Tri-State Water War Can Extinguish the Constitutional Fire Chevron Has Fueled for Decades”
- Georgia State University Law Review, Peach Sheet, Senate Bill 308, “The Common Sense Lawful Carry Act of 2010”, 27 Ga. St. U.L. Rev. 131
- Blog, “For Sound Policy, Not Unsound Politics: A blog by Danielle Hudson,” The Docket Online
- Opinion editorial: Spring 2010, The Docket, Georgia State University College of Law Newspaper, “Subsidized Education a Privilege, Not a Right”
- Opinion editorial: October 3, 2009, The Athens Banner-Herald, “Waste of Energy: The Meaningless Mandates of ‘Green’ Building”
- Opinion editorial: July 21, 2009, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, “When Cities Compete, Citizens Win”
- Contributor, The Docket, Georgia State College of Law Newspaper 2009 – 2011
- HOPE Scholarship Recipient, 2001 – 2007
- Highest Pro Bono Distinction, 2011
- Pupil, Bleckley Inn of Court, 2011
- Regional Winners, Student Trial Lawyers Association, 2010
- Fellow, Atlanta Law School, Full Tuition Scholarship, 2008 – 2011
- Business Ethics Panel Participant, 2006
- Selected as Georgia Rising Star in 2019, Georgia Rising Star, 2019
- Georgia State University, B.A. Philosophy, Pre-Law Studies, 2007
- Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce, 2017
- State Bar of Georgia, 2011
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaaThRFRJH8, Hudson Legal , Health, Real Estate, Finance, 2019
- Profit First Attorney Certification, 2019
- Real Estate
Office location for Danielle Hudson Laughlin
11695 Johns Creek Pkwy
Johns Creek, GA 30097
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2022