Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Lawrenceville, GA
- Free Consultation
Attorney Houston Washburn is the founder and owner of Houston Washburn Law in Lawrenceville, Georgia. A top-rated and highly versatile trial lawyer with more than six years of total legal experience, Mr. Washburn provides unmatched counsel, advocacy and support to a diverse range of clients throughout the greater Atlanta metro and surrounding areas who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Criminal defense
- DUI and traffic violations defense
- Personal injury
In addition, Mr. Washburn has extensive experience with family law and general civil litigation. No matter the legal challenges affecting his clients' lives, he provides personalized counsel to help them make the best-informed decisions as he aggressively pursues the most favorable outcomes on their behalf both inside and outside of the courtroom. From his efforts, he has achieved a long record of securing acquittals, dismissals and reductions of charges for the accused, and he has obtained substantial settlements and verdicts for his plaintiff injury clients.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism, Mr. Washburn has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers, and he has established himself as an emerging leader in his field. Recognized for his superior client service, he has received numerous testimonials and referrals from those he has served, and he finds great reward in being able to help so many in his area during their times of dire need.
A 2011 graduate of the University of Georgia, Mr. Washburn attended John Marshall Law School in Atlanta, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2014. He is admitted to practice before all Georgia state courts as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, the Georgia Court of Appeals and the Georgia Supreme Court.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Washburn is a member of the State Bar of Georgia and the Gwinnett Bar Association. He is also a member of the National College for DUI Defense and the American Association for Justice as well as the Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association.
- 30%Criminal Defense
- 40%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 30%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Assault & Battery, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Probation, Sex Offenses, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, DUI/DWI, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2022
About Houston Washburn
First Admitted: 2014, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.houstonwashburnlaw.com/staff-profiles/james-hous...
- American Association of Justice
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- National College for DUI Defense
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Gwinnett Bar Association
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- State of Georgia
- United States of America's Northern District of Georgia
- The University of Georgia, Bachelor of Science in Public and International Affairs, 2011, 2011
- Atlanta's John Marshall Law School, 2014
- Our client's wife called us to hire an effective attorney for her husband who was arrested for aggravated assault and had an immigration hold on him. The case was from warrants 2 years prior. Houston Washburn requested a preliminary hearing be heard. At the hearing, Houston Washburn argued the case did not have enough probable cause to move forward, to which the judge agreed. The warrants were dismissed and our client was released the following day. The district attorney's office agreed to plea to misdemeanors in exchange for not filing subsequent warrants. We saved our client from a felony charge and deportation. , 2020
- Our client was tragically killed in a motor vehicle collision. He was riding a motorcycle when all of a sudden a driver turned in front of him. There were no contributing factors on behalf of our client. Our client perished at the scene. We were able to obtain a settlement from the other driver's insurance company and our client's two underinsured policies. , 2019
- Our client was pulled over for DUI for running a red light and almost causing a collision. Our client submitted to field sobriety testing, but refused chemical testing. Houston Washburn reviewed the evidence, including the dash cam and body cam footage, of the investigation and found multiple errors made by the officers. Houston was able to pick apart the State's case based on the errors made by the officer that resulted in a dismissal of the DUI., 2019
Last Updated: 7/8/2022