Christy Crowe Childers
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Macon, GeorgiaChilders & McCain, LLC
Christy Crowe Childers is a founding partner of the law firm Childers & McCain, LLC, in Macon, Georgia. A personal injury attorney, Ms. Childers handles actions involving catastrophic injury and wrongful death. An active member of the Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys, she primarily represents persons involved in accidents involving commercial motor vehicles, though she helps people in a wide range of personal injury and wrongful death matters. She represents clients in the Macon area and throughout Georgia.
Dedicated to helping the injured and their families obtain fair compensation after an accident, Ms. Childers provides professional, personalized and compassionate representation. She understands the devastating and far-reaching consequences a personal injury can cause and is ready to fight for the rights of her clients, whether inside or outside of the courtroom.
Over the course of her career, Ms. Childers has litigated cases at the trial level and in appeals before the Court of Appeals of Georgia and the Supreme Court of Georgia. She is licensed to practice before all Georgia state courts, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia.
In honor of her accomplishments, Martindale-Hubbell awarded Ms. Childers an AV Preeminent* peer review rating, the highest available, which is given only to attorneys who exhibit high legal ability and ethical standards. She is active in her legal community and belongs to the Macon Bar Association, the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, and the William A. Bootle Inn of Court.
Ms. Childers graduated first in her law school class from Mercer University School of Law. While in law school, she belonged to the Mercer Law Review and competed in the National Civil Rights Moot Court Team. For the past decade she has been the co-editor of the Trial Practice Manual for the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, and she is the Past President of the Macon Bar Association, having been elected President by 550 local lawyers and judges. She is the founder and Past President of the Middle Georgia Chapter of the Georgia Association of Women Lawyers. She is the liaison for the ATAA women’s caucus rally that will take place in the Summer of 2022, an event she helped create for women trucking lawyers across the nation to get together to share case strategies and learn to drive tractor trailers, to help them in their law practices.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2005, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.childersmccain.com/attorneys/christy-crowe-child...
- Junior Legal Internship/Scholarship Program- Area high school students learn how to create documentary evidence, inspect accident scenes, meet with lawyers and judges, and leave with a college ready resume and a scholarship. The goal of the program is to highlight our local high achieving youth, expose them to the opportunities that a legal education can provide and to inspire them to give back in ways that will benefit our at risk youth in the community.
- National Charity League, 2021
- Mercer Law Review
- GTLA Trial Practice Manual, Editor, 3 Editions, Editor, GTLA Trial Practice Manual, 2021
- State Bar of Georgia
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys, Education Chair
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- William Augustus Bootle Inn of Court
- Macon Bar Association, Member
- Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Superior Courts of Georgia
- GTLA Trial Practice Manual, Editor, 2020
- Macon Bar Association, Past President, 2018
- Middle GA Chapter of GAWL, Past-President, 2018
- Rated AV Preeminent by peers, Martindale Hubbell Rating System, AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale Hubbell Rating System
- National Civil Rights Moot Court Team, National Civil Rights Moot Court Team, Mercer Moot Court team
- Woodruff Award, awarded for graduating first in law school class, Woodruff Award, Mercer Law, 2005
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers
- AVVO Client's Choice Award, 2014
- Mercer University, Magna Cum Laude, 2002
- Mercer Law School, Graduated First in Law School Class, 2005
- NBTA Board Certified in Truck Accident Law, First Woman in Georgia, 2022
- $4,850,000.00 wrongful death trucking accident
- $2,000,000.00 Injured by Farm Equipment
- $1,600,000.00 Premises Liability/ Car Wreck
- $1,000,000.00 Golf Cart Rollover Accident
- $800,000 motor vehicle accident, 2020
- $715,000.00 Injuries from School Bus Accident
- $700,000.00 trucking accident, 2021
- $600,000.00 Car Wreck Aggravates Pre-Existing Back Injury
- $250,000.00 Injured in a Four Wheeler Accident
Office location for Christy Crowe Childers
577 Mulberry Street, Suite 1520
PO Box 1752
Macon, GA 31201
- Super Lawyers: 2023 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2020
Certificates and credentials
See legal Q & A provided by Christy Crowe Childers
Q: Why Should I Think Twice Before Accepting The Minimum Limits In A Georgia Truck Accident Case?A: In many Georgia truck accident cases, people leave crucial compensation on the table through no fault of their own. Georgia trucking companies often … See all answers by Christy Childers