Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Macon, GA
- Free Consultation
Jon Hawk is an attorney with Morgan & Morgan law firm, and he works primarily out of the firm's law office in Macon, Georgia, but handles cases all over the state. His approach to trial practice is to seek to discover the client's story in a manner that examines closely the effect injuries have on the person and their family, and to communicate that in a truthful and authentic manner. Cases are won if the jury connects with the individual and understands how the client's life has been changed.
A nationally ranked trial lawyer with more than 25 years of total legal experience, Mr. Hawk focuses his practice primarily on automobile and truck accident cases along with personal injury and wrongful death claims arising from another party's negligence or wrongdoing, Mr. Hawk has achieved remarkable success advocating on behalf of clients across his region adversely affected by any of the following:
Tractor Trailer Accidents / Commerical Vehicle Accident Cases
Burn and fire injuries
Spinal cord injuries
Car, truck and motorcycle accidents
Other preventable tragedies
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Hawk has recovered millions of dollars in total compensation for individuals and families suffering needlessly through no fault of their own. As an attorney, he has gained a reputation for his in-depth legal knowledge and fierce advocacy on behalf of his clients, and he finds great reward in being able to help so many in his community during their time of dire need.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and superior client service, Mr. Hawk has earned an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell as well as many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He has also received numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A native of Western North Carolina, Mr. Hawk graduated from Appalachian State University before relocating to Georgia to attend the University of Georgia School of Law. He obtained his Juris Doctor in 1997, and the State Bar of Georgia admitted him to practice that same year. The day after he was sworn in he appeared as counsel on behalf of a client in Superior Court.
Early in his legal career, Mr. Hawk worked as a defense attorney for insurance companies, so he has invaluable insight into the industry, which helps him devise the most effective strategies possible to help his clients pursue the maximum amount of compensation they deserve. He is also a graduate of the intensive Trial Lawyers College in Wyoming, further bolstering his trial skills.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Hawk is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, the Macon Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association of Justice and he currently serves as the president of the Macon Trial Lawyers Association. He is also a member of the Macon Bar Association, the Southern Trial Lawyers Association and the Atlanta Bar Association, and he is a member of the North Macon Rotary Club and the First Presbyterian Church of Macon.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- Death Claims (2014) - Speaker and presenter
- GTLA Auto Torts Seminar (2011) - Resolving Liens
About Jon Hawk
First Admitted: 1997, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/jon-r-hawk/
Other Outstanding Achievements
- In three jury trials since December 2021, in which Mr. Hawk was lead counsel, the total offers by the insurance companies were $70,000.00. The total amount recovered in those three cases was $3,144,000.00.
Pro bono/Community Service
- North Macon Rotary Club, First Presbyterian Church Macon
- Mr. Hawk has represented clients on a "pro bono" basis since he began his practice in 1997. Mr. Hawk has made the Macon Bar Association's "Pro Bono Honor Roll" on several occasions.
- Adjunct Instructor at Mercer University in Macon, Georgia
- Appalachian State University, 1993
- $250,000 verdict in a rear-end collision case. The pretrial offer from three insurance companies in this case was as total of $10,000. Plaintiff did not submit evidence of the $22,000 in medical bills. The jury returned a verdict for general pain and suffering caused by the negligence of the at-fault driver., 2022
- $1.78 million verdict for a mother and daughter who were rear-ended in an automobile collision in Jasper County Superior Court. The pretrial offer by the insurance company in this case was $30,000.00., 2022
- 800,000 recovery in a shooting case involving a convenience store. Liability was contested by the insurer but a settlement was reached., 2021
- $494,000 verdict in the Superior Court of Paulding County. Mr. Hawk was first chair in that trial and was brought in to help another lawyer try the case. The offer before trial was $30,000. A post-trial motion for attorney fees was settled without a hearing for $150,000.00 making the total verdict/recovery approximately $644,000. Press coverage: https://www.law.com/dailyreportonline/2021/12/17/paulding-county-jury-awards-494k-in-dallas-georgia-car-wreck/?slreturn=20220308001903 (last viewed 4/8/2022), 2021
- $1 million policy limits recovery in automobile roll over case in Florida. Client was a passenger in a work truck after work hours and the driver fell asleep and crashed on interstate causing serious injuries. , 2019
- $1.9 million recovery in trucking collision case involving a parked tractor-trailer on the side of the interstate at night without safety reflective triangles. Mr. Hawk worked with co-counsel in preparing this case which settled at mediation., 2017
- $835,000.00 settlement against a swimming pool contractor whose negligence resulted in the drowning of a 2-year-old child at a relative's residence. This tragic case was turned down by 3 lawyers before we had the privilege of representing this family., 2014
- $250,000 judgment on a $25,000 insurance policy in Marion County, Georgia due to injuries in a car collision case. The insurer was later found to be in default in a separate bad faith action., 2009
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 - Civil Plaintiff, 2022
- President, Macon Trial Lawyers Association, 2022
- American Association of Justice
- Atlanta Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Macon Trial Lawyers Association
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- Georgia, 1997
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Macon Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell since 2010., AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2022
- 🚨 #VerdictAlert: Grant Gillenwater, Jennifer Rosinski and Chase Nugent won a $524,000 verdict for their client in… https://t.co/B0WfCBnaVN
- 🚨 #VerdictAlert: Last night, after five hours of deliberation, Jeff Berglund and Tyler Everett received a $515,000… https://t.co/ebpewcFBsf
- The need for resources for the homeless has skyrocketed, with more than 100 families afraid to lose their homes and… https://t.co/GPgcsLzrST
- #VerdictAlert: Two premises verdicts in the same day for our Tampa office! Ashley Long, Ryan Sainz & Bora Kayan ju… https://t.co/amYjSxu7zt
- @Sci_Nature0 Afwack!
- It's official — just finished registering for a @PGCbasketball camp this summer! For any player who loves the game,… https://t.co/zwZsyjTqWf
- @TheAmandaGorman @hannahcorbinnyc @Oprah I was so moved by your words, your poise, demeanor and demonstration of ho… https://t.co/JWkVmn6cqj
- Logging is an important part of Georgia's economy which means that log trucks are seen quite often on the road. If… https://t.co/ATjxSGmT0J
- Wet road conditions can make roads difficult to navigate and become dangerous. In bad weather, all drivers are resp… https://t.co/Ig82dEibY9
Last Updated: 8/18/2022