Tracey L. Dellacona
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Macon, GA
- Free Consultation
Tracey L. Dellacona helps clients from her office in Macon, Georgia, where she runs The Dellacona Law Firm. She excels as a personal injury attorney because she worked as a nurse for six years in critical care and emergency settings. Ms. Dellacona works with clients from throughout the state who seek damages for medical malpractice, car and truck accidents, brain injuries, and wrongful death. Her understanding of the physical and mental toll paid by injury victims motivates her to pursue compensation for people reeling in the aftermath of terrible events, like birth injuries, industrial accidents, or nursing home abuse.
Since being admitted to practice before all Georgia state courts in 1994, Ms. Dellacona has obtained significant compensation for her clients. Her efforts have recovered $750,000 for a breast cancer misdiagnosis and $500,000 for administering the wrong medicine. A case involving a pedestrian hit by a logging truck produced a $1 million settlement. Her diligence on behalf of a victim who lost two limbs because of an emergency room misdiagnosis resulted in a $5 million verdict at trial. She has also obtained a $5.2 million dollar trial verdict for a spinal injury case and a $1.8 million dollar trial verdict for an improper discharge of a diabetic patient. Ms. Dellacona has obtained millions of dollars in settlements for her clients in improper management of labor and delivery, failure to diagnose heart attacks, sepsis, spinal cord injuries, respiratory distress, pressure sores and improper treatment of infants and pediatric patients. She additionally settled a wrongful death trucking accident case for $20 million.
Highly regarded by her colleagues, Ms. Dellacona has received an AV Preeminent* rating through Martindale-Hubbell, signifying the highest level of professional excellence. Her memberships include the Macon Bar Association, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, American Association for Justice, Nursing Home Litigation Group, Medical Negligence Litigation, and Middle Georgia Trial Lawyers. Ms. Dellacona formerly served as an adjunct professor at the Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law, where she originally earned her law degree. Her other educational credits include a Bachelor of Science in nursing from the University of Southern Mississippi and a Master of Business Administration from Wesleyan College. She has also lectured on the national and state level on medical malpractice and serves as a peer reviewer for TRIAL Magazine, the national magazine for trial attorneys. She has also been published in TRIAL magazine.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 80%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
Articles about Tracey L. Dellacona appearing in Super Lawyers
- EICU (2012) - Mining Medical Records Medical Negligence American Association of Justice May 2011 Is EICU Part of Your Case?
About Tracey L. Dellacona
First Admitted: 1994, Georgia
Professional Webpage: http://www.dellaconalawfirm.com/About.htm
- Selected as meeting the top ethical requirements for attorneys, AV Rated, Martindale- Hubbell
Pro bono/Community Service
- Alzheimers Association ; American Red Cross Board of Directors
- Nursing Malpractice Walton Rehab 2006 Nursing Home Litigation: Winning the Case Critical Document Discovery July 2001 Medical Records Law in GA April 2006 Plaintiffs Medical Malpractice Finding the Right Expert May 2000 GA Law of Torts Analyzing Medical Records Dec. 1998 EMR Discovery GTLA Annual Seminar May 2011 GTLA Holiday Work Shop Co-Chair Dec 2009 Essential Tort Work Shop Getting All the Facts Sept. 2010
- Executive Masters in Business Administration magna cum laude
- University of Southern Mississippi BSN (Magna Cum Laude) - 1985 Honors: Phi Beta Kappa Wesleyan College M.B.A. (Magna Cum Laude) - 2007
- State Bar of Georgia, Member Macon Bar Association, Member Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Co-Chair Professional Negligence, 2009 - 2011 American Association for Justice, Member Professional Negligence Group, Member Middle Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, President, 2006 - Present ,Current Middle Georgia Trial Lawyer,Regional Vice President ,Bootle Inn of Court, Master ,Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, District Vice-President, 2010 - 2011 Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, At Large Vice President, 2009 - 2011
- American Trial Lawyers, Nursing Home Litigation Group and Professional Negligence Group
- Georgia Trial Lawyers, American Association of Justice
- Middle Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- GtLA, AAJ, NHL, PN, MGTLA, peer reviewer for TRIAL magazine
- Registered Nurse
- Inappropriate IV fluid administration $3.4 million- Failure to recognize fetal distress $850,000 Log truck striking pedestrian $ 1,000,000- Stroke misdiagnosis $3.15 million- Epidural injection complication $1.5 million- Colon perforation $750,000 -DOT employee injury- $700,000 + catastrophic WC designation- Pressure ulcers- $225,000 - $275,000- Misdiagnosed breast cancer $750,000- Delayed c-section $750,000 - Unrecognized respiratory distress on air ambulance $1+ million- Misdiagnosis of cardiac distress $2 million- fall from stretcher $300,000 -Inappropriate treatment respiratory distress $1 million -Inappropriate treatment in thyroid surgery $2 million - Verdicts Misdiagnosis back fracture- $1.95 million Administration of wrong drug- $500,000-ER Misdiagnosis Double Amputee $5 million-Failure to place cerclage $ 4.3 million-Failure to Diagnose Cauda equina syndrome $5.2 million; ER failure to diagnose hypoglycemia $1.6 million, 2017
- $5.2 million dollar verdict spinal cord injury/misdiagnosis, 2018
- settled wrongful death trucking case $20,000,000 , 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022