Top rated workers' compensation attorney in Marietta, GeorgiaSutton Law Group
The owner of Sutton Law Group LLC, Mr. Darrell Sutton is a highly regarded insurance defense litigation attorney. With more than 18 years of experience, he has worked on a number of sophisticated matters related to insurance coverage disputes, workers’ compensation and commercial general liability claims, representing businesses, insurers, employers and third-party administrators throughout Georgia.
A native of Georgia, Mr. Sutton is qualified to practice before all the state courts of Georgia as well as the Supreme Court of Georgia, the Georgia Court of Appeals, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia.
A cum laude graduate of Berry College, Mr. Sutton earned his bachelor’s degree in political science and economics in 2000. He obtained his Juris Doctor from Mercer University School of Law, Macon, Georgia, in 2003.
Held in high regard by his clients and peers, Mr. Sutton is recognized for his dedication, service and hard work. He was the recipient of the Cobb County Bar Association’s President’s Award and the Ross Adams Younger Lawyer Award. He was listed among the Rising Stars: 40 Under Forty by Daily Report in 2015.
In 2019, Mr. Sutton was elected as the 57th president of the State Bar of Georgia. He also served there as a secretary and treasurer, and among the board of governors. He is a former president of the Cobb County Bar Association.
Mr. Sutton serves the community he has lived in all his life by providing pro bono services. He finds great reward in volunteering with nonprofits such as the Cobb Justice Foundation and the Georgia Legal Services Program. He is a past-chair of the Cobb County Board of Ethics.
Practice areasWorkers' compensation: employer/insurance, Civil litigation: defense
- 60% Workers' compensation: employer/insurance
- 40% Civil litigation: defense
First Admitted: 2003, Georgia
Professional Webpage: http://www.sutton-law-group.com/index.php/darrellsutton
- Daily Report Rising Star - 40 Under Forty (2015). President's Award (2008 & 2009), Cobb County Bar Association. Ross Adams Younger Lawyer Award (2010), Cobb County Bar Association
- Bachelor of Science degree in 2000, cum laude, Berry College in Rome, Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia in November 2003
- Georgia State and Superior Courts, the Court of Appeals of Georgia and the Georgia Supreme Court, the United States District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia, and the United States Supreme Court
- President-Elect (2018-2019), State Bar of Georgia. Member (2012 - 2015; 2016), State Bar of Georgia Executive Committee. President (2013-2014), State Bar of Georgia Young Lawyers Division. President (2016-2017), Cobb County Bar Association. Trustee (2007-2017), Cobb County Bar Association. President (2007-2008), Cobb County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
- Chair (2015-2017), Cobb County Board of Ethics. Member (2015), Georgia Legal Services Program Board of Directors. Member (2014 - 2016; 2018), Cobb Justice Foundation Board of Directors
- Alumni Association’s President-Elect
- Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Board of Directors of Lawyers for Equal Justice
Office location for Darrell Sutton
351 Washington Avenue
Marietta, GA 30060
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2017