Dawn R. Levine
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Marietta, GA
Attorney Dawn R. Levine is a partner with Georgia Wills, Trusts, & Probate Firm, LLC in Marietta, Georgia. Serving clients throughout Cobb County and the surrounding areas of the greater Atlanta Metro, Ms. Levine has more than 15 years of legal experience, and she provides highly personalized counsel and customized solutions for those with legal needs involving any of the following:
· Estate planning, wills and trusts, including estate planning for families with young children, families with addiction issues, small business owners, retired clients, and foreign nationals
· Special needs planning, tax planning and charitable giving
· Business formation and succession planning
· Probate and estate administration
Ms. Levine focused her practice on estate planning and probate largely due to her own life-altering experiences, so she fully understands the emotions and uncertainty many of her clients feel when trying to plan for their final days or handle the complex estate administration process while grieving for a lost loved one. As such, she delivers compassionate counsel with the utmost respect and dignity to help her clients through a very difficult time in their lives.
Honored for her exemplary professionalism and unwavering commitment to those she serves, Ms. Levine has earned "Superb", "10 out of 10" client ratings on Avvo, and she has received numerous accolades from her peers, including the the Boss of the Year from the Cobb County Legal Professionals Association. She recieved the Client's Choice award on avvo.com in 2021. Recognized for her selfless volunteer work throughout her community, she also received the Judge G. Conley Ingram Commitment to Cobb Legal Services Award in 2021 and the Richard L. Moore Volunteer of the Year award from the Cobb Justice Foundation in 2013.
A graduate of Washington State University, Ms. Levine began her legal career in 2006 after obtaining her Juris Doctor from Emory University School of Law and her license to practice from the State Bar of Georgia. Throughout the course of her career, she has maintained active involvement with various professional legal organizations, and she currently serves as the Delegate for Cobb County, Post 5 on the State Bar of Georgia Board of Governors.
Ms. Levine has held a number of leadership roles with the Cobb County Bar Association including President, Treasurer, Secretary and Trustee at Large for the Cobb County Bar as a whole and Secretary, Treasurer, and President of several Cobb Bar Association Sections. She was in Leadership Cobb in 2010. She is also a member of the Leadership Cobb Alumni Association, the Cobb County Chamber of Commerce and the Marietta Business Association, among others.
Drawing upon her extensive legal knowledge, Ms. Levine has published several articles and conducted lectures and seminars across her region on a variety of legal topics related to estate planning. She has also appeared on a local radio broadcast, offering in-depth legal commentary on various subjects.
About Dawn R. Levine
First Admitted: 2006, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://gawtpfirm.com/dawn-r-levine
Pro bono/Community Service
- Representative Post, Georgia Board of Governors
- Cobb Legal Aid Probate Clinic, co-founder, volunteer.
- Cobb Justice Foundation, Pro Bono; Georgia Legal Services, Pro Bono; Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, Pro Bono
- Member, Georgia Bar
- Treasurer, Business Law and Litigation Section, Cobb County Bar Association
- Member, Leadership Cobb Alumni Association, co-chair for 2016-2017 Leadership graduation
- Member, Marietta Kiwanis
- Past-president, Cobb County Bar Association
- Treasurer, Solo/Small Firm Section, Cobb County Bar Association
- Co-founder/Volunteer, Probate Clinic of Cobb County, 2012 to present. Volunteer, AVLF Volunteer, Cobb Legal Aid
- Washington State University, cum laude
- Emory University School of Law
- State Bar Board of Governors Member, Post 5, Cobb County, 2014 to present. President, Cobb County Bar Association, 2015. Treasurer, Cobb County Bar Business Law and Litigation Section, 2010 to present. Treasurer, Cobb County Bar Solo & Small Firm Section, 2010-2017 Leadership Cobb, Alumnae, 2010-present
- Introduction to our firm and why we do what we do., Georgia Wills, Trusts, & Probate Firm Introduction, Estate Planning, 2021
- Judge G. Conley Ingram Commitment to Cobb Legal Services Award, 2021, presented by the Cobb Justice Foundation Richard L. Moore Volunteer of the Year Award, 2013, presented by Cobb Justice Foundation Boss of the Year, 2013, presented by the Cobb County Legal Professionals Association, Judge G. Conley Ingram Commitment to Cobb Legal Services Award, Cobb Justice Foundation, 2021
Last Updated: 6/6/2022