Jeremy J. Abernathy
Top rated family law attorney in Marietta, GeorgiaAbernathy Ditzel Hendrick, LLC
Practice Areas: Family law, Estate planning & probate, Personal injury; view more
Licensed in Georgia since: 2007
Education: Loyola University New Orleans College of Law
Abernathy Ditzel Hendrick, LLC319 Atlanta Street Southeast
Marietta, GA 30060 Visit website
A proficient attorney practicing law since 2007, Jeremy J. Abernathy is a co-founder of the firm Abernathy Ditzel Hendrick, which has offices in Marietta and Atlanta, Georgia. He primarily handles legal matters related to family law, estate planning and probate.
Rated with a perfect score of 10/10 on Avvo, Mr. Abernathy has been instrumental in resolving family law issues involving divorce, child support and custody, modification, contempt actions, adoption, alimony and appeals, in the areas surrounding Marietta. He shows concern for his clients who are caught up in a tough family situation, especially when it involves complex matters such as disputes over asset distribution, custody of children and ownership of joint assets.
Admitted to practice in Georgia, Mr. Abernathy also is authorized to appear before the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, the Supreme Court of Georgia and the Georgia Court of Appeals. He has clerked with the Honorable Judge Robert Benham at the Supreme Court of Georgia and the Honorable Judge Mark Anthony Scott in Dekalb County.
Owing to his successes and reputation in the field of law, Mr. Abernathy has received several honors for the same, including being selected to Georgia Trend Magazine’s list of ‘2016 Legal Elite’ and Cobb Life Magazine’s list of ‘Top 20 Under 40.’ He is also given positions of responsibility and power at various prestigious legal organizations and associations such as:
· Cobb County Bar Association – Family Law Section – Former president
· Cobb County Bar Association – Board of Trustees – Former member
· State Bar of Georgia – Family Law Section – Executive committee member
Attending Morehouse College during 1997-2001, Mr. Abernathy received his Bachelor of Arts degree in political science and government. He completed his Juris Doctor in 2005 from the Loyola University New Orleans College of Law and obtained his master’s degree in religious studies in 2013 from Liberty University.
Practice areasFamily law, Estate planning & probate, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Adoption, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Juvenile law, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Father's rights, Guardianships & conservatorships, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Trucking accidents
- 80% Family law
- 10% Estate planning & probate
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2007, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://adhbfamilymatters.com/jeremy-abernathy/
- Speaker, Family Law Institute - "Unclean Hands", 2016
- Award, Georgia Trend Legal Elite
- Top 20 under 40, 2013, Cobb Life Magazine
- Super Lawyers 2015 - 2022, Super Lawyer
- Supreme Court of the United States
- State Bar of Georgia, Family Law Section, Executive Committee Member, 2018 - Present
- Cobb County Bar Board of Trustees, Member, 2016 - 2019
- Cobb County Family Law Section, President, 2018 - 2019
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- United States Federal Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Morehouse College, B.A., cum laude
- Liberty University, M.A.R.
Office location for Jeremy J. Abernathy
319 Atlanta Street Southeast
Marietta, GA 30060
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2019