Top rated Family Law attorney in Marietta, GeorgiaAbernathy Ditzel Hendrick, LLC
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in Georgia since: 2004
A passionate advocate for his clients who face a host of family law issues such as divorce, child custody and support, visitation rights, alimony, and modifications, Jordan Hendrick is a partner at Abernathy Ditzel Hendrick in Marietta, Georgia, and represents the residents of the surrounding areas, as well as Atlanta. His strong legal foundations have been effectively bolstered by nearly two decades practicing law, and with the practical knowledge accumulated over the years, he effectively provides counsel in every stage of his clients’ legal matter.
Devoted to the practice of family law, Mr. Hendrick is empathetic to the plight of his clients and understands the amount of emotional strain they are under. This is where his effective work ethic comes in; he takes his clients’ burdens and strives to, in turn, provide them with relief and peace of mind. With a perfect 10 rating on Avvo, along with being the recipient of the site’s Client’s Choice Award, his process is efficacious and gives clients comfort and the confidence that their case will be handled diligently and with care.
After graduating in 2001 with his Bachelor of Science degree in psychology from the University of Georgia, Mr. Hendrick went on to pursue legal studies at The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law. He received his Juris Doctor in 2004, and in the same year, his license to practice law in Georgia.
Mr. Hendrick has not gone unnoticed by his peers for the tenable work he has maintained within his legal community. He has been recognized by many prestigious legal organizations for his work, including:
- The National Academy of Family Law Attorneys: Top 10 Under 40
- The American Society of Legal Advocates: Top 40 Under 40
- The Georgia Trend Magazine: Legal Elite
- The Cobb Justice Foundation: Pro Bono Public Service Award
Outside his law practice, Mr. Hendrick plays an important role within the legal community in maintaining the standards of service of his industry. He is a member of the Lawyers Club of Atlanta, the Atlanta Bar Association (Family Law Section), the Cobb County Bar Association (Family Law Section) and the State Bar of Georgia, to name a few.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2004, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://adhfamilymatters.com/jordan-hendrick/
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2017
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2016
- Top 40 Under 40 Family Lawyers in Georgia, American Society of Legal Advocates, 2014
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2015
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2014
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine, 2014
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine, 2018
- Included in publication of Top 100 Leaders of 2012 Magazine.
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2012
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2013
- 10/10 "Superb" Rating", Avvo.com, 2018
- Top 10 Under 40, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2014
- Cobb County Justice Foundation, Member, 2009
- DeRyke v. Teets, 288 Ga. 160 (2010). In this case, Jordan appealed an erroneous decision from a Fulton County Family Court Judge who had ruled against his client in an emotionally charged post-divorce contempt action. Jordan represented the parents of a young woman who tragically took her own life. Unfortunately, the trial court's decision took the young woman's assets out of the hands of her family (as she intended) and gave them to her ex-spouse. On appeal, Jordan had the opportunity to argue orally in front of the Georgia Supreme Court, which ultimately unanimously determined to reverse the decision of the trial court. Once the case was remanded, the opposing law firm, filed a Federal Lawsuit seeking an injunction. Jordan presented counter federal arguments which resulted in the Federal Court dismissing the action and after two years of litigation, his client finally had peace.
- United States Federal Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- State Bar of Georgia
- B.S., The University of Georgia, 2001
Office location for Jordan Hendrick
319 Atlanta Street Southeast
Marietta, GA 30060
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2018