Matthew M. Wilkins
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Marietta, GA
Matthew M. Wilkins is a Partner in King, Yaklin & Wilkins, LLP. Matt’s practice focuses on general commercial, fiduciary, employment and construction litigation. His areas of expertise include shareholder disputes, restrictive covenant enforcement, and construction litigation.
Matt also acts as counsel to many private businesses and entrepreneurs, and has negotiated, prepared, and facilitated private mergers, purchases, design build contracts, government and construction contracts, output and requirements contracts, shareholder buy-outs, and asset purchases for companies ranging from start-ups to multinationals with millions of dollars in yearly revenues. Matt also advises many not-for-profit organizations, including charter schools, churches, private schools, and other tax exempt organizations.
Matt is an experienced trial lawyer, with experience in all types of litigation in state and federal court. Matt also routinely arbitrates matters before the American Arbitration Association, JAMS, private arbitrators, and FINRA – the primary arbiter of disputes in the financial services and securities industry.
Matt serves clients everyday through his commercial and construction practice. Matt represents owners, general contractors, sub-contractors, and sureties in all facets of contract negotiation, project implementation, profit forecasting, and if necessary, litigation. Matt’s clientele consists of small, locally owned contractors to nationally recognized general contractors. The scope of projects negotiated and litigated range in size from a few thousand dollars to many millions. Because Matt acts both to negotiate contracts on front end and litigates disputes, many times through arbitration or trial, he has developed an expertise in identifying potential pitfalls in the contract documents.
Matt routinely advises and counsels health care professionals, dentists, and dental practices throughout the southeast in all areas of the business cycle to include corporate formation and governance, operations, mergers and acquisitions, restrictive covenant drafting and enforcement, shareholder disputes and break-ups, and, if necessary, litigation. Matt has prepared and negotiated lease agreements, loan documents, shareholder agreements, asset purchase agreements, and executive and provider agreements for practices, dentists, their associates, and their employees.
Matt is a 2002 summa cum laude graduate of the University of Georgia with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in finance and international business. He attended the Regent University School of Law in Virginia where he graduated as the Valedictorian and summa cum laude in 2005. Matt joined King, Yaklin & Wilkins in 2007 and became a Partner in 2009.
Matt has been recognized by his peers and the judiciary with an AV Preeminent Rating on Martindale Hubbell.
* AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Matthew M. Wilkins
First Admitted: 2005, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.kingyaklin.com/matthew-m-wilkins
- AV Preeminent Rating on Martindale Hubbell
- Summa Cum Laude, Regent University School of Law in Virginia, 2005
- University of Georgia, B.B.A. in Finance and International Business, Summa Cum Laude, 2002
Pro bono/Community Service
- North Point Community Church
- Active member of the Marietta Lawyer’s Club
- Active member of the Georgia Delta Sigma Phi Epsilon Alumni Board
- Director - State Bar of Georgia YLD Board of Directors
- Active member of the Honorary Commander’s Association with the Cobb County Chamber of Commerce
- Officer - Cobb County Bar Association YLD
- Active member of the Cobb County Bar Association
- Business Owners
- Private Companies
Last Updated: 6/16/2022