Russell D. King
Top Rated General Litigation Attorney in Marietta, GA
A partner at King, Yaklin & Wilkins, LLP, Russell D. King works with clients in the Atlanta, Georgia, area. As a native of the state, he has deep roots in the community and is fully vested in serving the people who live here. Mr. King’s practice is devoted to handling family law issues such as divorce and custody, as well as construction law matters and contract disputes.
Every civil litigation case presents the opportunity for a client to make decisions that could have lifelong repercussions. Mr. King takes his time when gathering the information necessary to steer clients in the right direction. He wants to be sure that every piece of advice or each action he takes falls in line with a client’s priorities. Thanks to this approach, Mr. King has countless satisfied clients. He also holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
In 1987, Mr. King graduated cum laude from Presbyterian College. He then earned a Juris Doctor from the Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law in 1990. Following his formal education, Mr. King served as a trial attorney and rose to the rank of captain with the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps.
Active in the legal community, Mr. King is a member of the Cobb County Bar Association, the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, the Atlanta Bar Association and the State Bar of Georgia.
When he is not in the office, Mr. King enjoys spending time with his two sons. He also supports nonprofit organizations and plays a role in local politics.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 40%General Litigation
- 30%Family Law
- 30%Construction Litigation: Consumer
Litigation, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Construction Defects
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022
About Russell D. King
First Admitted: 1990, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.kingyaklin.com/russell-d-king
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale Hubbell
- Member, State Bar of Georgia
- Member, Marietta Lawyers Club
- Arbitrator and Special Master, Cobb County State Court
- Georgia, 1990
- Member, Atlanta Bar Association
- Judge ProHac Vice, Cobb County State Court
- Member, Cobb County Bar Association
- Member, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Presbyterian College, cum laude, 1987
Last Updated: 5/15/2022