Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Marietta, GA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2011, 2017 - 2021
As a partner at Abernathy Ditzel Hendrick Bryce, LLC, Sean Ditzel is a family law attorney who represents clients in Atlanta, Georgia. Along with divorce, he also represents clients in child custody matters and has experience in adoption, modification, contempt, paternity, legitimation and child support. With both attention and respect, he helps his clients find the best possible solution to what can be painful problems.
Mr. Ditzel is admitted to practice in the state of Georgia. He is also admitted to practice before the Georgia Court of Appeals, the Supreme Court of Georgia, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and the Supreme Court of the United States. After graduating summa cum laude from Georgia State University with a Bachelor of Arts, he earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Georgia School of Law.
A passionate member of the legal community, Mr. Ditzel is a guardian ad litem for the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation. He also served as chair of the State Bar of Georgia’s Family Law Section, Technology and Social Media Committee, and Director of the Young Lawyers Division. He was a member of the Cobb County Bar Association’s Board of Trustees and President of the Family Law Section of the Cobb County Bar Association for one year.
An engaging, knowledgeable speaker, Mr. Ditzel presents for the Family Law Institute, UIC John Marshall Law School and Georgia State University College of Law. He has an Avvo “Superb” rating and is a member of The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100. The Georgia Trend Magazine has also recognized him as a Legal Elite.
- 90%Family Law
- 10%Estate Planning & Probate
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills
- Super Lawyers: 2022
- Rising Stars: 2011, 2017 - 2021
About Sean Ditzel
First Admitted: 2006, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://adhbfamilymatters.com/staff/sean-ditzel/
- Speaker, 2015 Family Law Institute “Graduation and Graduation: Examination of Self-Executing Child Support Provisions”
- Guardian Ad Litem, Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation
- Guest lecturer at Georgia State University School of Law
- Guest lecturer at John Marshall Law School
- Speaker at the 2012 Joint Legal / Forensic Accounting Divorce Seminar
- Live CLE Seminar Family & Matrimonial Law in the 21st Century: Practicing with Humanity March 28, 2013
- Panelist for Atlanta Bar Association’s Valentine’s Day CLE: Ethics Issues in Family Law
- Speaker for LiveCLE Seminar – Family & Matrimonial Law in the 21st Century: Practicing with Humanity
- Speaker, Recent Developments in Technology for Family Law Practitioners, November 2012
- Speaker, 2014 Family Law Case Law Update, November 2014
- Speaker, 2018 Family Law Institute- “Narcissism and Divorce”
- Speaker, 2016 Family Law Institute- “Recent Changes in Social Security Law and the Impact on Divorce Negotiations”
- Chair, Family Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia YLD, 2011-2013
- Chair, Technology and Social Media Committee, Family Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia, 2012-2014
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Member, Executive Committee of the State Bar of Georgia, Family Law Section, 2011-2014
- Director, State Bar of Georgia YLD, 2013-2017
- State Bar of Georgia
- United States Federal Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Member, Cobb County Bar Board of Trustees, 2016-2017
- President, Cobb County Family Law Section, 2016-2017
- YLD Family Law Committe Chairman, YLD Member on State Bar of Georgia Family Law Section, 2010
- B.A., summa cum laude, Georgia State University
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2011
- @moneywisecom Bottom 2 pictured?
- @CelticsMike @TheSteinLine https://t.co/UJvGP7pZcv
- @NotRatioBySteph 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
- @Pat_Benson_Jr The only good a timeout does to stop momentum is if you have some defensive switch-ability. Even the… https://t.co/4c25uhgnPy
- @hooperbole Kyrie ain’t a villain, he’s a dunce.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022