Vic B. Hill
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Marietta, GA
From the negotiation table to the Supreme Court of the United States, Vic B. Hill asserts a client's rights under the law when it comes to family disputes. Working with people throughout Marietta and the Atlanta area in Georgia, he handles matters such as divorce, father's rights and custody in his role as partner at Hill Macdonald, LLC. Aggressive, yet accommodating toward clients, he is prepared to head to a bench or jury trial if it means getting results.
Clients are thrilled to find a competent and skilled attorney in Mr. Hill. As a registered neutral, he is able to find efficient solutions through alternative dispute resolution methods. Further, he has extensive business experience, which is essential for addressing cases that involve a family company.
He has overseen cases in which a former lawyer mishandled the situation and ones in which a client's financial future hinged on the details surrounding property division. When it comes to matters involving children, Mr. Hill, who also serves as a guardian ad litem, offers unbiased advice and guides families toward solutions that are beneficial for everyone involved.
This pragmatic approach is one of the reasons Mr. Hill has an Avvo "Superb" rating and has received the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Hill's successful legal career is built on a solid education, which includes a Bachelor of Science in biology from Mercer University and a Master of Science in management from Georgia College. He earned a Juris Doctor in 1995 from the Georgia State University College of Law.
A published author, Mr. Hill is a member of the State Bar of Georgia's Family Law Section and is a barrister of the Charles Longstreet Weltner Family Law American Inn of Court.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 90%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, Appeals
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2022
About Vic B. Hill
First Admitted: 1995, Georgia
Professional Webpage: http://www.hillmac.com/About-Us/Vic-B-Hill.shtml
- Allen v. McGuire, 2016
- Chandler v. Rohner, 2013
- Baker v. Schrimser, 2013
- Ellis v. Ellis
- Gunderson v. Sandy, 2014
- Crook v. Crook, 2013
- Rutter v. Rutter, Supreme Court of Georgia, 2013
- Harris v. Snellgrove
- Hamilton v. Hamilton
- Rutter v. Rutter, Court of Appeals of Georgia, 2012
- Magdangal v. Hendrix
- Hayes v. Hayes
Pro bono/Community Service
- Kennesaw Business Association
- First United Methodist Church of Marietta, Member
- Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- State Bar of Georgia, Family Law Section, Member
- Georgia, 1995
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Georgia Commission on Child Support Administrative Legitimation Subcommittee, Member, 2014
- Charles Longstreet Weltner Family Law Inn of Court, Barrister
- Cobb County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Phi Delta Phi, Member
- Cobb County Bar Association
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia College and State University, M.S.A.
- Mercer University, Bachelor of Science
- JD - Georgia State University College of Law, 1995
- Kennesaw State University,Post Graduate Work in Accounting
- Presenter, Be Careful: Someone May Be Watching, NALS - 62nd Annual Education Conference & National Forum, 2013
- Judge, Mock Trial Competition, Kennesaw State University, 2013
- Mock Trial -- Atlanta Regional Collegiate Mock Trial Association, Judge, University of Georgia, 2014
- Presenter, Appellate Practice, Cobb County Bar Association, 2008
- Presenter, Watch Out Guardians: Here Comes a Curve Ball, Cobb County Bar Association, 2007
- Presenter, Summary Judgment and Partial Summary Judgment in Domestic Relations, Family Law Institute in Destin, Florida, Institute of Continuing Legal Education -- State Bar of Ga., 2005
- Speaker, Guardian Ad Litem Seminar, Cobb County Bar Association, 2016
- Presenter, Georgia Child Support Guidelines, Nuts and Bolts of Family Law - ICLE Georgia, 2007
- Panelist, Guardian Ad Litem Seminar, Cobb County Bar Association, 2000
- Family Law Guest Lecturer, John Marshal School of Law, 2016
- Guest Lecturer- Family Law-John Marshall Law School, Connecting with the Client, 2017
- Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell, 2016, 2016
- Top Rated Lawyers of Georgia of 2017, Legal Leaders, 2017
- Peer Review BV - Distinguished, Martindale-Hubbell, 2007
- Peer Review Rated BV - Distinguished, Martindale-Hubbell, 2010
- Peer Review Rated BV - Distinguished, Martindale - Hubbell, 2013
- AVVO Rating Superb, AVVO, 2013
- Top Rated Lawyers of Georgia of 2015, Legal Leaders
- Lead Counsel - Thomson Reuters, 2015
- Top Rated Lawyers of Georgia of 2016, Legal Leaders
- Peer Review Rated BV - Distinguished, Martindale-Hubbell, 2008
- Peer Review Rated BV- Distinguished, Martindale-Hubbell, 2011
- Peer Review Rated AV - Preeminent, Martindale - Hubbell, 2014
- AVVO Rating - Superb, AVVO, 2014
- Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell, 2015
- The National Advocates, Top 100 Lawyers, 2015
- Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell, 2017, 2017
- Cobb Justice Foundation Chariman, Chairman, Cobb County Bar Association, 1999
- Peer Review Rated BV - Distinguished, Martindale-Hubbell, 2009
- Peer Review Rated BV - Distinguished, Martindale - Hubbell, 2012
- Client Distinction Award, Martindale - Hubbell, 2014
- Top Rated Lawyers of Georgia of 2014, Legal Leaders
- Client Distinction Award, Martindale-Hubbell, 2015
- @JasonShepherd Saw you at Polk and Wynn. Thumbs up!
- Georgia Family Law Institute is over. Headed back to business at Hill-Macdonald, LLC.
- If you are a mother who wants to make a father responsible for the support of a child born outside of marriage, we may be able to help.
- We understand the seriousness of what is at stake for a child and his or her parents when paternity may be in question. Talk to us.
- Do you want to take a paternity test to establish parental rights? Ask us for more information http://t.co/6zZKPXGUJo
Last Updated: 5/15/2022