Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Peachtree Corners, GA
- Free Consultation
Brandon Smith serves as partner and lead attorney at Brandon Smith Law, LLC. He works with clients all across Georgia on personal injury cases. Construction accidents, slip-and-fall accidents, wrongful death, trucking accidents, motor vehicle accidents and dog bites are the most common personal injury cases he tackles.
Mr. Smith earned his undergraduate degree in Government and Psychology at Wofford College. In 2012, he completed his J.D. at the University of South Carolina School of Law. He was very active in law school and held several memberships and leadership positions, such as Chief Justice of the Moot Court Bar, President of the Christian Legal Society and Chair of the Law School Ambassadors.
After completing law school, Mr. Smith started his law career in South Carolina. He then moved to Atlanta to work for another law firm, before launching his own. Mr. Smith is licensed to practice in both Georgia and South Carolina. He is also admitted to the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina; the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia; Georgia Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of Georgia.
After nearly a decade in the law field, Mr. Smith has attracted recognition from his peers. His honors and awards include South Carolina Young Lawyers Division Star of the Quarter, Leadership South Carolina, Georgia Trial Lawyers Association LEAD Class, and the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association Executive Committee. He has also dedicated resources to serving people who do not have the means to hire an attorney, including his work to establish the first Homeless Court in South Carolina. This led to him being named the Claude Scarborough Pro Bono Attorney of the Year.
- 80%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Motor Vehicle Defects
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2022
- Balancing Act: Does a South Carolina Property Owner Have a Duty to Protect its Invitees from Third-Party Crime (2014) - Co-author of "Balancing Act: Does a South Carolina Property Owner Have a Duty to Protect its Invitees from Third-Party Crime"
About Brandon Smith
First Admitted: 2012, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.brandonsmithlawfirm.com/attorney/smith-brandon/
- University of South Carolina School of Law, 2012
- Wofford College (B.S. Government and Psychology), 2004
- Co-Speaker on Overcriminalization of Persons Experiencing Homelessness at the ABA Annual Meeting, Speaker, “Overcriminalization of Persons Experiencing Homelessness”, ABA Annual Meeting, Pro Bono, 2015
- Guest speaker on Legal Talk Network regarding Combating the Criminalization of Homelessness, Speaker, Combating the Criminalization of Homelessness, Legal Talk Network, Pro Bono, 2015
- Receipient of the Nelson Mullins Pro Bono Attorney of the Year Award, Claude Scarborough Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough, 2015
- ADF Young Lawyers Academy is an award to provide young lawyers with leadership training. , Young Lawyers Leadership Academy , ADF, 2019
- Selected to Young Lawyers in Leadership Program by the ABA Section of Litigation, Young Lawyers in Leadership Program, American Bar Association, 2014
- Awarded proclamation by City Council of Columbia, South Carolina for work with Columbia Homeless Court., Brandon Smith Day, City of Columbia, 2016
- Selected as Star of the Quarter by South Carolina Young Lawyers Division (2014, 2015), Star of the Quarter, South Carolina Young Lawyers Division, 2015
Pro bono/Community Service
- Pro Bono Criminal Appeallate Representative, South Carolina., 2015
- Special Prosecutor for South Carolina Attorney General for Criminal Domestic Violence cases, 2014
- Founding Committee, Columbia Homeless Court , 2016
- Gerogia Trial Lawyers Association Member, 2019
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Membership & Marketing Committee, 2019
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association (LEAD) - Young Lawyers Leadership Program, 2019
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Young Litigators Task Force, 2019
- ABA Section of Litigation, Co-Chair for Young Advocates Committee, 2018
- Obtained $5 million dollar verdict in state court on behalf of client involving a commercial defendant in a motor vehicle wreck case. , 2019
Last Updated: 7/26/2022