Matthew W. Hurst
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Rome, GeorgiaCromartie Law
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Appellate; view more
Licensed in Georgia since: 2013
Education: Georgia State University College of Law
Cromartie Law401 Broad Street
Rome, GA 30162 Visit website
Matthew W. Hurst is a personal injury attorney at the Rome, Georgia, law firm of Cromartie Law. He has received a great deal of favorable recognition from his peers and clients for delivering quality and efficient services. His practice areas include catastrophic personal injury, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse and wrongful death litigation.
With the experience and skills he has gained over the past eight years, Mr. Hurst offers logical, realistic solutions for his clients to move forward with confidence. He has handled a number of cases before the state courts of Georgia, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit.
A Bachelor of Science graduate, Mr. Hurst majored in social and international studies and graduated summa cum laude from the Southern Polytechnic State University, Marietta, Georgia, in 2007. He then attended the Georgia State University College of Law and received his Juris Doctor, cum laude in 2013.
Known for his academic excellence, Mr. Hurst served as the vice president of the Moot Court Honor Society, and he participated in the South Texas Mock Trial Challenge and won the Outstanding Advocate award. He also received the Georgia Civil Justice Foundation Trial Advocacy Scholarship and was a pupil at the Logan E. Bleckley Inn of Court.
Mr. Hurst takes pride in the long-term relationships he has built with the people in his community. He volunteers to provide services to those in need and is an active member of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Appellate, Workers' Compensation: Claimant
Animal Bites, Appeals, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
First Admitted: 2013, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.hlcromartielaw.com/attorney/hurst-matt/
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2016 to Present
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- Georgia, 2013
- Southern Polytechnic State University, Marietta, Georgia, B.S. in Social & International Studies, Honors: summa cum laude - 2007
- Vice-President of the Moot Court Honor Society, Georgia State University College of Law
- Georgia Civil Justice Foundation's Trial Advocacy Scholarship, 2012 - 2013, Georgia State University College of Law
- Outstanding Advocate Award at the South Texas Mock Trial Challenge, 2013, Georgia State University College of Law
- Student Trial Lawyers Association, National Trial Advocacy Championship, 2012, Georgia State University College of Law
- Pupil, Logan E. Bleckley Inn of Court, 2012 - 2013, Georgia State University College of Law
Office location for Matthew W. Hurst
401 Broad Street
Rome, GA 30162
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2023