Robert L. Berry, Jr.
Top rated health care attorney in Rome, GeorgiaBrinson, Askew, Berry, Seigler, Richardson & Davis, LLP
Attorney Robert L. Berry, Jr., is a senior partner at Brinson, Askew, Berry, Seigler, Richardson & Davis, LLP, in Rome, Georgia. Mr. Berry has been licensed to practice law in Georgia since 1973 and has more than four decades of experience handling matters involving insurance defense, medical malpractice and professional defense.
Mr. Berry serves clients throughout west Georgia in cities, including Atlanta, Calhoun, Cartersville, Cedartown, Dalton, Rome and Summerville, as well as throughout Bartwo, Floyd, Fulton, Gordon and Polk counties. Along with practicing in all Georgia state courts, he is licensed before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit.
Mr. Berry has received many awards and honors for his work, including being rated AV Preeminent*, the highest possible, by the peer review organization Martindale-Hubbell and listed in the publication “The Best Lawyers in America.” He is also a fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers. He earned a bachelor’s degree from Emory University, and obtained his law degree from the University of Georgia School of Law in Athens, Georgia.
Mr. Berry is active in numerous professional organizations and has served many roles in his community over the course of his career, particularly in the areas of business and industrial development. He is an active member of the Rome Bar Association, the State Bar of Georgia, the Georgia Hospital Association and the Georgia Defense Lawyers Association. He also belongs to national organizations, including the American Bar Association, the Defense Research Institute and the American Health Lawyers Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasHealth care, Civil litigation: defense, Alternative dispute resolution, Banking, Schools & education
Hospital law, Nursing home, Health & health care law, Arbitration, Mediation, Education, Schools
- 40% Health care
- 30% Civil litigation: defense
- 10% Alternative dispute resolution
- 10% Banking
- 10% Schools & education
First Admitted: 1973, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.brinson-askew.com/robert-l.-berry/
- Emory University, Board of Visitors, 1999-2005
- Redmond Regional Medical Center, Board of Trustees, 1980-Present
- Rome-Floyd County Development Authority, 1989
- Coosa Country Club, Director 1985
- Greater Rome Bank, Founding Director
- Georgia Northwestern Technical College, Board of Directors, Chairman, 2009-2010
- Greater Rome Chamber of Commerce, President, 1989
- Leadership Rome, 1984
- Darlington School, Board of Trustees, 1998-2005
- Exchange Club of Rome, President, 1978
- Leadership Georgia, 1987
- St. Peters Episcopal Church, Vestryman and Senior Warden, 2011
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Joseph Henry Lumpkin American Inn of Court, Master
- Georgia, 1973
- Rome Bar Association, 1973-Present
- State Bar of Georgia, Health Law Section, Executive Committee, 1994-Present
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- Trustee, Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 1992-1994
- U.S. Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- American Bar Association
- American Academy of Healthcare Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
- U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Georgia
- Rome Bar Association, President, 1977-1978
- Georgia Academy of Healthcare Attorneys
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA, B.A., 1968
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated Lawyer
- Gridiron Secret Society, University of Georgia
- Best Lawyers in America, 2013, 2014
- Georgia Super Lawyer, Law & Politics Magazine and Atlanta Magazine
- Eagle Scout
Office location for Robert L. Berry, Jr.
615 West First Street
PO Box 5007
Rome, GA 30162
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2023