Heather D. Brown
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Roswell, GA
Attorney Heather D. Brown is the founder and owner of Brown Law, LLC, in Atlanta, Georgia. Serving a diverse range of clients throughout the greater Atlanta metro region and surrounding areas, Ms. Brown provides exceptional counsel and support to those who have legal needs involving all areas of business law as well as those dealing with complex disputes involving commercial litigation and creditors' rights in bankruptcy.
A highly rated attorney with more than 16 years of legal experience, Ms. Brown established her practice after gaining invaluable experience working with a large and prestigious law firm in the area. Frustrated by the fact that so many large practices spend such little time with their clients, she resolved to open a small practice where her clients can receive the personalized attention and dedicated support they deserve.
Operating true to form, Ms. Brown works closely with all her clients as she serves to fully address their concerns, and deliver the customized strategies and solutions they need to increase their chances of obtaining the favorable outcomes they seek. Over the years, she has established her practice as a trusted source for quality, effective advocacy and counsel to a wide range of banks, lenders, landlords, business owners and other professionals.
A 1998 graduate of George Mason University, Ms. Brown attended South Texas College of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctor cum laude in 2000. While in law school, she served on the board of advocates and in the moot court as well as an officer for the student bar association. She also served as secretary-treasurer of the American Bar Association's Law Student Division, and she received the David T. Donnelly Memorial Award for exemplary character.
Along with practicing before all state courts in Georgia, Ms. Brown practices before the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia and the Georgia Supreme Court. She is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th and 11th Circuits, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, the Virginia Supreme Court and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Active in her legal community, she is a member of the State Bar of Georgia and the Virginia State Bar, the Georgia Association for Women Lawyers, the International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation and the Multi-Bar Leadership Council.
About Heather D. Brown
First Admitted: 2000, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.hdbrownlaw.com/About/Heather-Brown.shtml
Graduated with BS in Administration of Justice from George Mason University, 1997
- Awarded by Cobb County Bar Association President for Outstanding Service to the Bar, President's Award, Cobb County Bar Association, 2018
- The Volunteer Award is presented to the member who has been the most helpful, available and willing to achieve the goals of GAWL. , Volunteer Award, Georgia Association For Women Lawyers, 2013
- Professional Associations/Positions: Treasurer - Georgia Network of the International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC), Treasurer - Metro Atlanta Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys Group (MACBAG), Co-Chair Programming - Cobb County Bar Association (CCBA) Bankruptcy Section (includes planning virtual Continuing Legal Education programs during COVID-19 Pandemic), Leadership Committee Member/Program Sponsor for CREW Atlanta; Member, Georgia Association for Women Lawyers (GAWL), Member, Roswell Attorney Project (RAP), 2020
- Professional Associations/Positions: Treasurer - Georgia Network of the International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC); Treasurer - Metro Atlanta Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys Group (MACBAG); Co-Chair Education Committee and Member, Leadership Committee - CREW Atlanta; Member and CLE Sponsor - Cobb County Bar Association (CCBA); Member, Georgia Association of Women Lawyers (GAWL); Member, Roswell Attorney Project (RAP), 2019
- President Cobb County Bar Association (CCBA) Women of the Bar Section (organized The Judge Debra Halpern Bernes Memorial Scholarship in Law CLE and monthly lunch program topics); Member, CCBA Board of Trustees; Planning Committee Member - 2018 Southeast Conference of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) (Organized Continuing Education Programming); Leadership Committee Member - CREW Atlanta (Organized content session on negotiation skills), 2018
- President-Elect - Cobb County Bar Association (CCBA) Women of the Bar Section (organized inaugural Chili Cook-off Event); Member, Planning Committee for 2017 Southeast Conference for the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), 2017
- Selected for Leadership Program - Commercial Real Estate Women Atlanta Chapter, 2016
Admitted to Georgia Bar, 2006
- Special Master - Cobb County Superior Court, 2020
- Special Master - Cobb County Superior Court, 2019
- GNFCC North Fulton Legal Forum: “Losses, Leases and Litigation” (“GNFCC 400 Insider,” Episode 42) The pandemic environment has created a number of legal issues, touching everything from commercial leases to employees to legal liability. This GNFCC North Fulton Legal Forum, with three accomplished legal experts as panelists, addressed many of these issues. This webinar was jointly presented by the Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce and Roswell Inc.., GNFCC North Fulton Legal Forum: Losses, Leases, and Litigation, 2020
- Panelist, Trial Education and Preparation, 2015
Pro bono/Community Service
- Advisory Council Member - The Drake House; Planning Committee Member - Atlanta Women's Foundation Women In Law Event; Member, National Charity League; Presenter - GNFCC North Fulton Legal Forum: Losses, Leases, and Litigation (June 2020), 2020
- Member of Inspire Atlanta Leadership Program of The Atlanta Women's Foundation (top fundraiser); Advisory Council Member - The Drake House; Member, National Charity League/Program Liaison for Waymark Foster Care Program; Volunteer Hours Spent at the following organizations: Nicolas House, MUST Ministries, Hunger Doesn't Take a Break, Waymark Foster Care Program, Special Populations Tennis, Georgia House Rabbit Society, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society; Operation Stars & Stripes, 2019
- Member/Liaison to Erin's Hope for Friends for National Charity League East Cobb Chapter. Volunteer Hours provided to following organizations: Chattahoochee Nature Center, MUST Ministries, Erin's Hope for Friends, MDE School, Sunrise Senior Living Center, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society; Waymark Foster Care Program, The Drake Closet, Special Populations Tennis, Inc., Ronald McDonald House, YMCA, Operation Stars adn Stripes, Volunteer - Pope High School Homecoming Planning Committee , 2018
- Real Estate
- Small Business
Last Updated: 6/15/2022