Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Roswell, GeorgiaThe Hilbert Law Firm LLC
The managing member of The Hilbert Law Firm, LLC, Kurt Hilbert has an active practice that includes several types of business and real estate litigation and transactions. Based in Roswell, Georgia, he represents people and businesses in the greater Atlanta metropolitan area and throughout the state. Admitted to practice in Georgia since 2002, Mr. Hilbert is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia, the U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia, and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mr. Hilbert has handled a wide variety of business and real estate litigation during his career, and he has represented both plaintiffs and defendants. His cases have included contract breaches, shareholder and partner disputes, unfair trade practices, breaches of fiduciary duties, commercial evictions, quiet title, zoning matters and mortgage fraud. Mr. Hilbert has also worked on such matters as landlord-tenant disputes, lien contests, construction contract disagreements, and cases involving homeowners and condominium associations.
On the transactional side, Mr. Hilbert’s experience has encompassed the purchase and sale of commercial and residential real properties, mergers and acquisitions, entity formation, franchising, joint ventures, licensing agreements, and debt and equity financing. His superior track record and high degree of ethics have led to his receipt of many awards and honors, including an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo.
Mr. Hilbert attended Northwestern University and received a Bachelor of Arts in political science with honors in 1997. He then obtained his legal education at what was then known as Northwestern University School of Law, and he studied abroad at the University of Oxford before graduating with his Juris Doctor in 2001.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Civil Litigation: Defense, Business/Corporate, Constitutional Law, Employment Litigation: Defense, Real Estate: Business
Business Formation and Planning, Business Organizations, Condominiums & Cooperatives, Contracts, Employment Discrimination, Employment Law - Employer, Landlord/Tenant, Mortgage & Refinance, Retaliation, Wrongful Termination
- 40% Business Litigation
- 20% Civil Litigation: Defense
- 10% Business/Corporate
- 10% Constitutional Law
- 10% Employment Litigation: Defense
- 10% Real Estate: Business
First Admitted: 2002, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://hilbertlaw.com/kurt-r-hilbert/
- Board Member, The Cottage School, Roswell GA
- GNFCC Small Business Economic Recovery Task Force, 2020
- Former Board Member South Arts (southarts.org). They nourish, create conversation and strengthen community ties. South Arts exists to support the artists, arts organizations, and communities that help this region thrive., 2020
- Former Board Member - Brookfield Country Club, 2018
- Former Board Member and now Chairman of Board of Directors Coro Vocati
- 2016 President, Former Board Member, HomeStretch, Housing Initiative of North Fulton
- HILBERT'S HEROES: The staff at The Hilbert Law Firm celebrates a different local charity every month by offering our time to serve the needs of that charity. We refer to these charities as Hilbert’s Heroes and we invite our clients, colleagues, friends and families to join with us in our endeavors to celebrate and support our community and those in need.
- President, Board Member, Roswell Attorney Project aka "RAP", 2016
- Registered Neutral, certified by with Supreme Court of GA/Office of Dispute Resolution for mediation and arbitration.
- Northwestern University, B.A., with honors, Political Science, 1997
- Northwestern University, B.M., with honors, 1997
- Legal Study Oxford University, UK, 2001
- Pro hac vice Admission to Kansas and South Carolina
- United States Supreme Court, 2019
- Founder, Roswell Attorney Project, 2016
- Georgia Bar, 2002; U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit; U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia; U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia; U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern and Middle District of Georgia; Supreme Court of Georgia; and Georgia Court of Appeals
- AV Preeminent Rated-Martindale Hubbell Legal Leaders by WSJ, AV Legal Leader, https://www.martindale.com/attorney/mr-kurt-robert-hilbert-2725942/
- Membership is limited to the Top 100 professionals from each state in each category of practice who best exhibit excellence and the highest ethical standards in their respective professions. With these high standards, less than 1% of professionals in the United States will be selected for membership as one of America’s Top 100™ in their profession. , America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators, https://www.top100highstakeslitigators.com/, 2020
- 2015-2020 Best Attorney/Law Firm of North Fulton County, Georgia, Best Attorney -- North Fulton County, North Fulton Life Magazine
- Legal Leaders 2014-2020., Legal Leaders, Wall Street Journal, 2014
- 2016 Business Person of Excellence-North Fulton Chamber of Commerce, Business Person of Excellence, North Fulton Chamber of Commerce, 2016
- 2016 Business Person of Excellence North Fulton Chamber of Commerce, 2016
- Won defense summary judgment in $300,000,000.00 complex business litigation dispute, 2017
- US Supreme Court, Counsel of Record, Author and Filer of Amicus Curiae Merits Brief, *United States v. State of California, No. 19-532, 2019
- Successfully defended a company against a $406,000,000.00 breach of fiduciary claim resulting in a complete defense win, 2018
- The federal government has long been the arbiter and enforcer of immigration issues in our country. Among other duties, the federal government inspects, investigates, arrests, and detains illegal immigrants. To do so effectively, it relies on the aid of state and local law enforcement, which are encouraged to share information about immigrants. Thus, state cooperation is critical to the successful enforcement of federal immigration law. State laws like California SB 54 disrupt this federal scheme by prohibiting state and local law enforcement from sharing necessary information with federal law enforcement. Not only is this prohibition expressly preempted by the language of 8 U.S.C. § 1373, Pet. 21-24, but it also conflicts with our government’s need for uniformity. Uniformity is particularly crucial when dealing with foreign governments, which cannot be expected to adapt to a different immigration policy for each of our fifty states. This is why our federal government enacted comprehensive immigration laws that demand full cooperation from our state and local governments. Furthermore, our nation has entered into treaties with other countries, like Mexico, which also require information sharing, depend on consistency, and are superior to state laws. These principles demonstrate how federal law preempts the challenged provisions of SB 54, and thus California’s attempt to circumvent federal immigration laws cannot survive., Author/Counsel of Record, US Supreme Court, Counsel of Record, Author and Filer of Amicus Curiae Merits Brief, *United States v. State of California, No. 19-532 (link), US Supreme Court, Immigration, Federal Treaty Law, 2019
- US Supreme Court, Counsel of Record, Author and Filer of Amicus Curiae Merits Brief, *United States v. State of California, No. 19-532, Writer/Counsel of Record, US Supreme Court, Counsel of Record, Author and Filer of Amicus Curiae Merits Brief, *United States v. State of California, No. 19-532 (link), Constitutional Law, Immigration, 2019
- Author of editorial column entitled, Legal-Ease, discussing various litigation & other pertinent legal topics discussed for The Roswell Beacon, a weekly newspaper & online magazine, Author, Legal-Ease, The Roswell Beacon, Business Management, Business, Legal, 2007
Office location for Kurt Hilbert
205 Norcross Street
Roswell, GA 30075
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2011, 2014