Top Rated Employee Benefits Attorney in Roswell, GA
- Free Consultation
Attorney Nancy Pridgen is a founding member of Pridgen Bassett Law, LLC, in Atlanta, Georgia. A top-ranked trial lawyer with more than 20 years of experience, Ms. Pridgen provides unmatched counsel and litigation representation to clients throughout the greater Atlanta metro and surrounding areas. She serves those who have legal needs involving ERISA litigation and employee benefits disputes or employment law counseling and litigation.
Over the course of her legal career, Ms. Pridgen has handled virtually every type of employment-related issue imaginable, and she has achieved a long record of securing successful outcomes for her clients in state and federal courts across her region. In addition, she routinely provides trustworthy counsel to employers and business owners to help them remain compliant with all applicable laws and regulations in order to mitigate their potential risk exposure. She also has extensive experience negotiating and drafting employment contracts, severance agreements and benefits packages.
Maintaining a particular focus on ERISA litigation, Ms. Pridgen has established herself as an authority in the specific area of law, and she has litigated numerous class actions and other complex matters involving employee pensions, welfare benefits claims and more. She has written extensively and conducted many lectures and continuing legal education seminars on ERISA and benefits-related topics, and she has served as an officer in the State Bar of Georgia's Employee Benefits Section.
Moreover, Ms. Pridgen has handled a variety of other matters, including commercial litigation, securities litigation, insurance disputes, taxation issues, immigration matters, constitutional and common law torts, and antitrust litigation. She has also handled a number of civil appeals, and she regularly volunteers her time and services pro bono to those less fortunate in her community.
After graduating summa cum laude from Auburn University in 1997, where she received the President’s Award for the College of Liberal Arts and was a member of the University Honors Program, Ms. Pridgen obtained her Juris Doctorate from Vanderbilt University School of Law in 2000. While there, she served as managing editor of the Vanderbilt Law Review, and she received the honor of NAWL’s Outstanding Woman Law Graduate for her graduating class.
Ms. Pridgen is admitted to practice before all U.S. District Courts in Georgia and Michigan as well as several other U.S. District Courts throughout the country. She also holds her admission to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th, 6th, 8th, 9th and 11th Circuits and the U.S. Tax Court.
- 80%Employee Benefits
- 10%Employment & Labor: Employer
- 10%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Employment Law - Employer
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
About Nancy Pridgen
First Admitted: 2000, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://pridgenbassett.com/nancy-pridgen/
- Monnolly Pridgen LLC law firm was recognized as one of the 2013 Go-To Law Firms at the Top 500 Companies. This honor puts the firm in an exclusive group that has been recognized for delivering exceptional work for the Fortune 500
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, Nashville, Tennessee, Honors: NAWL’s Outstanding Woman Law Graduate for her class, Dean’s List honors
- Nancy Pridgen was chosen as one of the NAPW's "Women of the Year.", National Association for Professional Women, 2013
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, Nashville, Tennessee, Vanderbilt Law Review Managing Editor
- Reviewing ERISA Litigation Decisions by the 11th Circuit & the Supremes, at I.C.L.E. Annual Employee Benefits Law Seminars, Atlanta (Mar. 27, 2019; Mar. 28, 2018; Mar. 29, 2017; Mar. 30, 2016; Mar. 20, 2015; Apr. 2, 2014; May 30, 2013; Mar. 17, 2011)
- Implications of Langbecker v. EDS On Class Certification In Employer Stock Drop Litigation, Mealey's Litigation Report: ERISA, Vol. 5, No. 11., March, 2007
- Note, Avoiding the Appearance of Judicial Bias: Allowing a Federal Criminal Defendant to Appeal the Denial of a Recusal Motion After Entering an Unconditional Guilty Plea, 53 VAND. L. REV. 983 (2000)
- The Basics: What Every Human Resources Professional Needs to Know about Employment Law, Guest Lecture at Mercer University Atlanta Campus (May 3, 2012)
- The Duty to Monitor Appointed Fiduciaries Under ERISA: Officers and Directors Can Take Actions to Protect Themselves Against Monitoring Claims, Compensation & Benefits Review, Vol. 39, pp. 46-51, September/October 2007
- MetLife v. Glenn and Employee Benefits Litigation, FINANCIAL SERVICES LAW360 (June 30, 2008)
- Employee Benefits Funded Through Trusts: A New Circuit Split, ABA TORTSOURCE v. 12, no. 1 (Fall 2009)
- The Circuits are Split: Does MetLife v. Glenn’s “Structural Conflict” Holding Apply When Employee Benefits Are Funded from a Trust? COMPENSATION & BENEFITS REV. v. 42, pp. 30-38 (Jan.-Feb. 2010)
- Standards of Review in ERISA Claims, ACI’s 14th Annual Conf. on Litigating Disability Insurance Claims, NYC (Jan. 27, 2012)
- What You Need To Know About ERISA Subrogation Liens, VERDICT: Georgia Trial Lawyers Assoc., pp. 20-23 (Summer 2014)
- Removal & Preemption: Current State of the Law, at ACI’s 5th National Forum on ERISA Litigation, New York (Jan.23, 2013)
- Benefit Claims Litigation: Assessing Recent Key Cases in ERISA Benefits Litigation, at ACI’s 6th National Forum on ERISA Litigation, New York (Oct. 25, 2013)
- PREPARING FOR TRIAL IN FEDERAL COURT. (James Pub.: Costa Mesa, CA) 3rd ed., Supp. 2013
- ERISA Subrogation/Reimbursement for Georgia’s Trial Lawyers, at GTLA CLE Seminar, Atlanta (April 30, 2015)
- Conflict of Interest Discovery after MetLife v. Glenn, at ACI’s 12th ERISA Litigation Forum, San Francisco (June 28, 2016)
- Preparing to Win the Procedural Battles in ERISA Benefits Litigation, at ERISA Denial of Benefits Litigation Webinars (Aug. 5, 2020; Nov. 21, 2017; Dec. 14, 2016; May 5, 2015; May 14, 2013)
- The ABC’s of the Intersection of the ADA, FMLA, ERISA, LTD, STD, and COBRA, at NELA-GA Seminar, Atlanta (May 21, 2019)
- ERISA Preemption: Litigation Implications Webinar (June 25, 2019)
- ERISA Releases: Background and Drafting Webinar (Jan. 15, 2020)
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th, 8th, 9th, & 11th Circuits
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern & Western Districts of Michigan
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, & Middle Districts of Georgia
- Auburn University, B.A. Honors: summa cum laude, President’s Award winner for the College of Liberal Arts, Double major and in the University Honors Program, 1997
Last Updated: 5/15/2022