Frederick S. Bergen
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Savannah, GeorgiaBergen & Bergen PC
Representing clients in Georgia since 1986, Frederick S. Bergen serves as an attorney at the law firm Bergen & Bergen, based in Savannah. He concentrates his practice on personal injury and workers’ compensation, handling medical malpractice and general plaintiff cases.
An alumnus of the University of Georgia, Mr. Bergen obtained his bachelor’s degree in 1979. In 1986, he graduated from the Mercer University School of Law with a doctorate in jurisprudence. He holds memberships in the State Bar of Georgia, the Savannah Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the American Association for Justice. He is also a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers.
Recognizing Mr. Bergen’s professional approach and the efforts invested in each of his cases, he is peer-review rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell. He considers each issue of his clients with high regard and prioritizes their needs. Almost four decades of legal practice have given him deep and valuable insights regarding operations and litigation, helping him foresee the possible outcomes of each decision made in a case.
Mr. Bergen’s commitment to work was lauded by the Georgia Trend Magazine, with inclusion to its Legal Elite list in the field of medical malpractice and personal injury. He was also selected for inclusion in the list of Georgia’s Top 100 Attorneys.
Mr. Bergen is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Georgia, the U.S. Supreme Court, the Georgia Court of Appeals, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, the U.S. Court of International Trade, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th, 5th and 11th Districts of Columbia.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Workers' compensation: claimant
Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Brain injury, Trucking accidents
- 60% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 30% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Workers' compensation: claimant
First Admitted: 1986, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://bergenlaws.com/team/frederick-s-bergen-sr/
- University of Georgia, B.A., 1979
- Georgia, 1986
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Savannah Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia, Younger Lawyers Section, 1989-1990; 1990-1991
- State Bar of Georgia (Member-At-Large and Executive Council Member, 1989-1990; 1990-1991 and Co-Chairperson, Legal Disaster Committee, 1989-1990
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth, Fifth, Eleventh, District of Columbia and Federal Circuits
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Georgia
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeal
- Rated AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- Recipient, Leadership Georgia
- Georgia Super Lawyers, in the areas of Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury, 2007 to present
- The Best Lawyers in America in the areas of Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury, 2007 to present
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine in Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury
- Recipient, One of Georgia’s Top 100 Attorneys
- Member, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Board of Visitors, Mercer University School of Law
- Advocate, American Board of Trial Advocates
Office location for Frederick S. Bergen
123 East Charlton Street
Savannah, GA 31401
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023