Mawuli Mel Davis
Top rated Civil Rights attorney in Savannah, GeorgiaDavis Bozeman Johnson Law, PC
Practice Areas: Civil Rights, Personal Injury, Criminal Defense
Licensed in Georgia since: 2002
Education: Georgia State University College of Law
Davis Bozeman Johnson Law, PC208 Hall Street
Savannah, GA 31401 Phone: 912-225-1600 Email: Mawuli Mel Davis Visit website
Mawuli Mel Davis is an attorney at Davis Bozeman Johnson Law, PC and helps clients address Civil Rights legal issues. He also assists clients regarding Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff and Criminal Defense issues.
Super Lawyers is a designation of top-rated practicing attorneys selected through extensive evaluation. He was awarded this distinction for 2016 - 2023.
Mawuli Davis graduated in 2002 from Georgia State University College of Law.
Mawuli Davis was admitted to practice law in 2002. He represents clients in the Savannah area.
First Admitted: 2002, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.davisbozemanlaw.com/mawulidavis
- Presented for the promotion of racial harmony at the 19th Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Convocation., Torch of Peace Award, Georgia State University- Diversity Education, 2002
- Georgia State University College of Law, 2002
- Master's in Public Administration (MPA) Bowie State University, 1998
- United States Naval Academy (Political Science), 1991
- Representation of teenager falsely accused of aggravated assault and aggravated battery. After 9 months and 100 days in jail all charges were dismissed. Teenager is now a scholarship student at Paine College., 2009
- Developed the "Consequences of Thug Life" multimedia presentation. "State of Emergency: The Consequences of Thug Life”, includes hip hop music and images that are prevalent in youth and “urban” culture. During the course of a PowerPoint presentation, Attorney Davis will explains the law in Georgia and discusses various issues from his perspective as a criminal defense attorney. He challenges the young attendees to think critically about their decision making.
- Let Us Make Man Co-founder and Legal Seminar Facilitator. Let Us Make Man is an organization founded to positively address the increased number of young people of color arrested and incarcerated.
- Gate City Bar Association R.E. Thomas Civil Rights Award, 2010
- American Bar Association Young Lawyer's Division 1st Place Award (MIPC) , 2006
- Georgia State University College of Law BLSA Outstanding Alumni of the Year, 2011
- State Bar of Georgia Young Lawyer's Division Outstanding Service to the Bar, 2007
- Award of Achievement State Bar of Georgia Young Lawyer's Division, 2006
- Seaborn Lee Trailblazer Award, 2011
- Vice President Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers , 2012
- Program Chair for Winter Seminar/CLE for the Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2009
- Georgia Supreme Court Justice Robert Benham Awards for Community Service Selection Committee, 2011
- Dekalb Lawyer's Association Member-at-Large , 2011
- Moderator for the Southern Center for Human Rights' Litigating Race: Social Science & Trial Tactics Continuing Legal Education. , 2011
- Georgia Association Of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2012