V. Sharon Edenfield
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Statesboro, GA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2011, 2014 - 2017
Attorney V. Sharon Edenfield is the managing partner of Edenfield Trial Law in Statesboro, Georgia. A top-rated attorney with more than 16 years of legal experience, Ms. Edenfield provides exceptional representation to clients across her region who have suffered catastrophic personal injuries or lost loved ones as a result of someone else's negligence. She also handles complex commercial litigation and business disputes for both plaintiff and defendant clients alike.
Early in her legal career, Ms. Edenfield worked as an insurance defense attorney, so she has a wealth of insight into the industry, which enables her to devise the most effective strategies possible to help her plaintiff clients recover the full amount of compensation and benefits they deserve.
Whether advocating on behalf of plaintiff injury victims or defending the rights and interests of commercial clients dealing with serious issues affecting their companies, Ms. Edenfield maintains an unwavering focus on her clients' needs while fighting aggressively to help them obtain the positive results they seek. From her efforts, she has achieved significant success in state and federal courts across her region, and she has successfully handled numerous appeals in both state and federal appellate courts.
Honored for her outstanding professionalism and service, Ms. Edenfield has earned consistent top rankings from her peers as well as recognition from the National Trial Lawyers as a "Top 40 Under 40" and a "Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Attorney". She has also been honored twice with the Signature Service Award from the State Bar of Georgia's Young Lawyers Division, the only attorney who has been honored more than once for commitment to community service, as well as the organization's Award of Achievement, along with various other awards throughout her career.
A 1999 graduate of the University of Georgia, Ms. Edenfield obtained her Juris Doctor with a Certificate in Advanced Legal Writing, Research and Drafting from Mercer University's Walter F. George School of Law in 2003. She is admitted to practice before all Georgia trial courts, the Court of Appeals of Georgia, the Supreme Court of Georgia the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Georgia, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States of America.
A leader in her legal community, Ms. Edenfield has served as president, secretary and treasurer of the State Bar of Georgia's Young Lawyers Division as well as member of the organization's board of governors and board of directors. She has also accepted various appointments by the Georgia Supreme Court to serve on various committees and commissions, including serving as a Special Master and as a Bar Exam Grader. She has also served as chair of the Consumer Assistance Program and state delegate for the American Bar Association, among her many other professional affiliations.
Ms. Edenfield also supports her local community through her involvement with various civic and charitable organizations, having served on the board of directors for the United Way of Southeast Georgia, the Statesboro Arts Council, and the Statesboro-Bulloch Chamber of Commerce. She is a member of the Statesboro Service League, Leadership Bulloch Alumni, and has volunteered her time with multiple organizations, including with Safe Haven domestic violence shelter located in Statesboro.
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Litigation
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2011, 2014 - 2017
About V. Sharon Edenfield
First Admitted: 2004, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/30458-ga-vera-edenfield-45984...
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer/Pro Bono work for Georgia Legal Services Program, 2011- present
- Safe Haven Women's Shelter, Pro Bono Lawyer, 2010-present; Statesboro-Bulloch Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 2012-present, Averitt Center for the Arts, Board of Directors, Member 2009-2011; Deen Day Smith Service to Mankind Awards, Committee Member, 2009-2011; Statesboro Service League, Member, 2009-2011; Junior League of Atlanta, Member, 2004-2007; Professional Women of Statesboro, Member, 2007-present; University of Georgia Chapter of Alpha Gamma Delta, House Association President, 2006-present, Vice-President, 2005-2006
- Certified General Civil and Domestic Mediator
- Leadership Bulloch, Class of 2010
- Bar Exam Grader, Supreme Court of Georgia Commission on Bar Admissions, 2009- 2014 Review Panel Member, State Bar of Georgia State Disciplinary Board- Review Panel, 2011- 2013
- State Bar of Georgia Young Lawyers Division: President, 2014 - 2015
- State Bar of Georgia YLD State Secretary, 2011 - 2012
- Treasurer, State Bar of Georgia YLD
- J.D., Certificate in Advanced Legal Writing, Research, and Drafting, Mercer University School of Law, 2003
- A.B. in Political Science, The University of Georgia, 1999
- Recognized for community service, Signature Service Award, State Bar of Georgia YLD, 2019
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation, 2016, Fellow, American Bar Foundation, 2016
- Inaugural recipient of award. Recognized for community service and pro bono hours committed to local domestic violence shelter., Signature Service Award, State Bar of Georgia YLD, 2011
- Lawyers Foundation of Georgia, Fellow, 2009 - present
- "Four Under Forty," Statesboro Magazine, 2008; "Twenty Under Forty," Statesboro Herald, 2010
- @JudgeCarla @Lexus What a terrible experience, @JudgeCarla. @Lexus Roadside Assistance, you had one job . . .
- Great article on Justice Verda Colvin, who is on the May 24th ballot to keep her seat on the @SupremeCourtGA. She i… https://t.co/yP1ojWt4YA
- I am pleased & proud to support Justice Verda Colvin. Please join me in voting to keep her on the @SupremeCourtGA.… https://t.co/B4eB3Pf8UV
Last Updated: 5/15/2022