Rod G. Meadows
Top Rated Health Care Attorney in Stockbridge, GA
Attorney Rod G. Meadows is a partner with the law firm of Meadows, Macie & Sutton, P.C., located in Stockbridge, Georgia. Focusing his practice primarily on health care law and economic development, Mr. Meadows represents health care providers, physicians and medical staff throughout the Atlanta metro region and across the state with their legal needs involving medical risk management, litigation defense and other areas related to their professional practice.
A highly rated attorney with over 40 years of legal experience, Mr. Meadows uses his extensive legal knowledge to educate others. In addition to having served 10 years as an adjunct professor of health care law at the University of St. Francis, he also chairs the Fundamentals of Health Law seminar for The State Bar of Georgia Institute of Continuing Legal Education, and he authored a chapter in the Georgia Hospital Law Manual.
His commitment to his practice is further evidenced by his involvement with several other professional legal organizations devoted to health care law, including the State Bar of Georgia Health Law Section. He also served as president of the Georgia Academy of Healthcare Attorneys and the Henry Medical Center Foundation, and he helped establish the long-term health care in Georgia seminar.
A 1971 cum laude graduate of Georgia Southern College with a Bachelor of Science in education, Mr. Meadows attended the University of Georgia School of Law, obtaining his Juris Doctor in 1976. The State Bar of Georgia admitted him to practice that same year, and he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 5th and 11th Circuits.
Widely regarded as one of the top attorneys in America for the over 20 years, he holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Rod G. Meadows
First Admitted: 1976, Georgia
Professional Webpage: http://www.meadows-law.com/attorney-profiles/rod-g-meadows/
- Georgia Southern University, cum laude, Honors: Student Body President
- AV® Preeminent(TM) Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell®
- Best Lawyers in America for Healthcare, Georgia Super Lawyers
- Marquis Who’s Who
Pro bono/Community Service
- Campaign Aide, LT. Governor, George T. Smith
- Chair Emeritus, Georgia Southern University Foundation
- Admiral’s Aide
- Former Member, Task Force on Trustee Development for the Georgia Hospital Association
- Senior Member and Past President, McDonough Kiwanis Club
- Chair Emeritus, Georgia Souther University Foundation
- Past-President of the Board of Directors, Henry Medical Center Foundation
- Past Chair, Henry County Chamber of Commerce
- Chair, Healthlaw Section of the State Bar of Georgia Chair
- Executive Director, Los Angeles Federal Executive Board
- Past President, Georgia Academy of Hospital Attorneys
- Chapter, Medical Staff Matter, in the Georgia Hospital Law Manual Pamphlet: What to expect in a Medical Staff Hearing
- Founder and Chair, Long-term Health Care Law in Georgia seminar
- Chair, Fundamentals of Health Law seminar, Georgia Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- Adjunct Professor, Healthcare Law, University of St. Francis
- Author, Medical Staff Matters, Georgia Hospital Law Manual
- Former Sunday School Teacher, McDonough Presbyterian Church
- Economic Development
- Healthcare; Transportation
- Retail Grocery
Last Updated: 10/29/2021