Christa L. Kirk
Top rated family law attorney in Suwanee, GeorgiaThe Kirk Law Firm, PC
Christa L. Kirk is an attorney and the founder of The Kirk Law Firm, PC, in Lawrenceville Georgia. Ms. Kirk practices in the areas of criminal defense, family law and personal injury law, serving clients throughout the Atlanta region.
Ms. Kirk has experience with family law matters, including divorce, adoption, child custody, child support and paternity. In her criminal defense practice, she represents clients facing misdemeanors and felonies, including drug offenses and DUI/DWI. Her personal injury practice involves representing Georgia residents who have been injured or lost a loved one due to motor vehicle accidents, motorcycle accidents, premises liability, slip and falls, trucking accidents or wrongful death.
Before founding The Kirk Law Firm, PC, in 2013, Ms. Kirk spent eight years working as a prosecutor. She prosecuted thousands of cases while serving in this role and uses this knowledge and experience to help individuals who are facing a criminal charge or the victim of negligence.
Involved in many significant cases over the course of her career, Ms. Kirk has been featured on national television programs. She enjoys staying involved in her legal community and is an active member of the State Bar of Georgia.
In 2004, after earning her law degree from Georgia State University College of Law, Ms. Kirk received a license to practice law in the state of Georgia. She is qualified to appear before all Georgia state courts, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, the U.S. Court of Appeals in Georgia and the Supreme Court of Georgia.
Practice areasFamily law, Criminal defense, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Same sex family law, Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Sex offenses, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence, Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Brain injury, Trucking accidents
- 60% Family law
- 30% Criminal defense
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2004, Georgia
Professional Webpage: http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/30046-ga-christa-kirk-460521.h...
- State v. W.W.
- Stave vs. D.B.
- St. v. R.P.
- Police Academy, Criminal Law, 2012
- Police Academy, Criminal Procedure, 2010
- University of Georgia, B.A. - Bachelor of Arts, 2001
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2005 - Present
- Member, State Bar of Georgia
- Impaired Driving Specialist, 2013
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, 2005 - Present
- General Member, Georgia Defenders of Drinking Driving Group (DODD), 2013 - Present
- Georgia Supreme Court, 2005 - Present
- General Member, Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2013 - Present
- General Member, Gwinnett County Bar Association, 2013 - Present
- Client's Choice, AVVO, 2013
- Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers, 2014
Office location for Christa L. Kirk
3453 Lawrenceville-Suwanee Rd
Suwanee, GA 30024
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023