Scott K. Spooner
Top rated Family Law attorney in Suwanee, GeorgiaSpooner & Associates, P.C.
Practice Areas: Family Law, Personal Injury, Alternative Dispute Resolution
Licensed in Georgia since: 1997
Education: Georgia State University College of Law
Scott K. Spooner helps his clients avoid costly consequences when resolving disputes involving issues of family law and personal injury law. He founded the Gwinnett county law firm of Spooner & Associates, P.C. in 2002 with a goal of providing personalized legal services to clients in north Metro Atlanta counties.
As a skilled negotiator, Mr. Spooner is a registered mediator with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution in the areas of arbitration, general civil mediation, and domestic relations mediation. He is an advocate of mediation in his law practice to help clients avoid the turmoil and expense of a trial. However, when negotiations fail to meet his clients' best interests, Mr. Spooner is an aggressive courtroom litigator.
With increased demand for Mr. Spooner's personalized legal solutions, the firm provides a full staff of attentive and experienced attorneys, paralegals, and assistants. The firm maintains a selective caseload in order to provide clients with the attention they deserve. Clients of Spooner & Associates, P.C. receive the legal results of a big law firm with the personal attention unique to a small firm.
First Admitted: 1997, Georgia
Professional Webpage: http://www.spoonerlaw.com/about/scott-spooner/
- Firm overview, Spooner & Associates, P.C.
- Gwinnett County Bar Association, Member
- Stephens County Bar Association President, 2001-2002
- State Bar of Georgia, Family Law, General Practice, Trial Law, Tort Law Member, Dispute Resolution, 1997-present
- Registered Mediator/Arbitrator with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution
- Oglethorpe University, B.A., Honors: Magna Cum Laude, 1988
- Suwanee Kiwanis, 2004
- Suwanee Downtown Development Authority Member, 2009
- North Gwinnett Middle School Mock Trial Coach, 2016
- Assistant Scoutmaster-in-training for Boy Scout Troop 419, 2016
- Leadership Gwinnett's Justice Day, Committee Co-Chair, 2016
- North Gwinnett Schools Foundation, Member - Board of Trustees, Chair - Appropriations Committee, 2015
- Leadership Gwinnett, Justice Day Committee, Member, 2016
- Leadership Gwinnett, Justice Day Committee, Co-Chair, 2018
- Leadership Gwinnett, Class of 2015, 2015
- Listed in the Top 5% of Georgia Attorneys by the 2018 Super Lawyers magazine, Georgia Super Lawyers, 2018
- Voted Best of Gwinnett 2017 - Law Firms, Gwinnett Magazine, 2017
- Voted Best of Gwinnett 2016 - Family Law and Full Service Law Firm, Gwinnett Magazine, 2016
- Listed in the Top 5% of Georgia Attorneys by the 2017 Super Lawyers magazine, Georgia Super Lawyers, 2017
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2024