John A. Dickerson
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Toccoa, GeorgiaMcClure, Ramsay, Dickerson & Escoe, LLP
Attorney John A. Dickerson is a partner with the McClure, Ramsay, Dickerson & Escoe, LLP, law firm in Toccoa, Georgia. A top-rated, award-winning trial advocate with more than 48 years of legal experience, Mr. Dickerson represents the rights and interests of clients throughout Northeastern Georgia who have legal needs involving medical malpractice, business litigation, tort litigation, insurance defense, civil rights defense and other matters. He also has a wealth of knowledge regarding local government law.
A native of Anderson, South Carolina, Mr. Dickerson received his Bachelor of Science from Clemson University in 1968. He then attended the University of Georgia School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1971.
Throughout his career, Mr. Dickerson has earned a reputation as a tenacious and highly effective trial attorney who aggressively pursues the most favorable outcomes possible for both plaintiff and defendant clients alike. In all cases, Mr. Dickerson provides the personalized attention his clients deserve while working hard to help increase the chances they will achieve the positive results they expect efficiently.
Recognized for his professionalism, integrity and outstanding legal abilities, Mr. Dickerson holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and he has received many positive reviews and testimonials from his satisfied clients. In addition, he received the Tradition of Excellence Award from the State Bar of Georgia in 2016, as well as the Chief Justice Thomas O. Marshall Professionalism Award in 2014. He also received the Inaugural Robert B. Struble Professionalism Award from the Mountain Judicial Circuit in 2015 along with many other awards and honors.
A leader in his field, Mr. Dickerson once served as president of the Stephens County Bar Association, the Mountain Judicial Circuit Bar Association and the Georgia Municipal Association City Attorneys Section. He is also a member of Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, the Defense Research Institute, the Chattahoochee Inn of Court and the Old War Horse Lawyers Club. Additionally, he is a Fellow with the American College of Trial Lawyers, and he served on the State Disciplinary Board from 1986 to 1991.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: defense, Civil litigation: defense, State, local & municipal, Business litigation, Civil rights, Insurance coverage
- 30% Personal injury - medical malpractice: defense
- 20% Civil litigation: defense
- 20% State, local & municipal
- 10% Business litigation
- 10% Civil rights
- 10% Insurance coverage
First Admitted: 1971, Georgia
Professional Webpage: https://mrdelaw.com/attorneys/john-a-dickerson/
- Member, Old War Horse Lawyers Club
- Defense Research Institute
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Blue Key
- Top Rated Litigator, Martindale-Hubbell
- Tradition of Excellence Award, State Bar of Georgia, June 2016
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Top Rated Litigator, American Lawyer Media
- Inaugural Robert B. Struble Professionalism Award, Mountain Judicial Circuit, December 2015
- Chief Justice Thomas O. Marshall Professionalism Award, State Bar of Georgia, June 2014
- Georgia Super Lawyer, Atlanta Magazine, 2004 - Present
- State Bar of Georgia
- Member, State Disciplinary Board, 1986 – 1991
- President, City Attorneys Section, Georgia Municipal Association, 1986 – 1987
- Member, Chattahoochee Inn of Court
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- President, Mountain Judicial Circuit Bar Association, 1980 – 1981
- Georgia, 1971
- President, Stephens County Bar Association, 1978 – 1980
- Clemson University, B.S., 1968
Office location for John A. Dickerson
38 Falls Road
PO Box 1408
Toccoa, GA 30577
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2023
Certificates and credentials
See legal Q & A provided by John A. Dickerson
Q: What do I need to prove to win a product liability lawsuit in Georgia?A: The plaintiff must prove that the product that injured them was defective and that the defect made the product unreasonably dangerous when used for …
Q: What sources of compensation are available to cover my losses following a car accident in Georgia?A: In Georgia, there are several sources of compensation potentially available to individuals who were injured in a motor vehicle accident. These … See all answers by John Dickerson