James T. Leavitt, Jr.
Top rated personal injury attorney in Honolulu, HawaiiLeavitt Yamane & Soldner
Attorney James T. Leavitt Jr. is the founder of the Honolulu law firm of Leavitt Yamane & Soldner. Since founding the firm over 30 years ago, Mr. Leavitt has built his career on his reputation for dedication to clients who have suffered losses at the hands of negligent individuals, professionals and businesses.
Mr. Leavitt began his legal career in 1966 after earning his law degree from The University of Michigan Law School and his approval to practice law in the state of Illinois. After law school, attorney Leavitt became a Marine Corps Judge Advocate, which is the role that first brought him to Hawaii and the place that would become his home. In 1970, Hawaii approved him to practice law in the state, and Mr. Leavitt has practiced in Honolulu for the past 45 years.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Leavitt has distinguished himself as a leading wrongful death attorney. His long record of success, extensive knowledge and outstanding legal skills have earned him recognition from both in and outside of the legal community. He holds an "Excellent" rating from Avvo, and he has received an AV-Preeminent* peer-review rating from Martindale-Hubbell. In addition, Best Lawyers** has listed him among the nation's top attorneys.
Mr. Leavitt has earned recognition not only for his skills in the courtroom and at the negotiating table but also for his leadership abilities. He is a past president of the Hawai'i Association for Justice, and he is a member of a number of other legal organizations, including the American Association for Justice and the Hawaii State Bar Association.
*AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
**The Best Lawyers in America® 2013. Copyright 2013 by Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, SC
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
- 80% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1966, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://lyslaw.com/our-team/james-t-leavitt/
- Naval Justice Award for Highest Class Standing, United States Marine Corps, Naval Justice School - Newport, Rhode Island
- Martindale Hubbell’s top AV rating for more than 30 years
- Armstrong v. Cione
- Kaneko v. Hilo Coast Processing
- Specialist in Civil Trial Advocacy by the Hawaii State Supreme Court
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, 2001
- Membership with Friends of the University of Hawaii Institute for Astronomy
- Board Member, Hawaii Opera Theater
- Past President, Consumer Lawyers of Hawaii (now the Hawaii Association of Justice)
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Dartmouth College - Artium Baccalaureus, English, 1967
Office location for James T. Leavitt, Jr.
737 Bishop St.
Honolulu, HI 96813-2902
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2022