William K. Meheula, III
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Honolulu, HI
Attorney William K. Meheula III of Sullivan Meheula Lee, LLLP, in Honolulu, Hawaii, devotes his practice to business litigation and professional liability matters. Throughout his more than three decades in practice, he has litigated before administrative agencies as well as before various state and federal courts.
Mr. Meheula graduated from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, earning an economics degree before continuing his education by obtaining a law degree from Suffolk University Law School. He is admitted to practice in the state and federal courts of Hawaii as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
Mr. Meheula has received numerous accolades within the legal profession, including a rating of AV Preeminent*, the highest possible rating, by the peer review service Martindale-Hubbell and inclusion in the publication “The Best Lawyers in America” including 2017 Lawyer of the Year Bet-the-Company Litigation. In 2015, he was also named as a ranked lawyer in Chambers USA.
Taking an active role in legal and professional communities, Mr. Meheula is a member of the Hawaii State Bar Association and the American Bar Association. He is also a lawyer delegate for the U.S. District Court for the District of Hawaii, has lectured and served as an adjunct professor at William S. Richardson School of Law.
Mr. Meheula is also a member of Mamaka Aialo, an organization dedicated to promoting the culture of Hawaii and the Pacific regions, and in previous years has served in various leadership roles including council member of the Hawaiian Sovereignty Elections Council and director of the Outrigger Canoe Club.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 70%Business Litigation
- 30%Professional Liability: Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2021
About William K. Meheula, III
First Admitted: 1978, Hawaii
Professional Webpage: https://www.smlhawaii.com/william-meheula
Pro bono/Community Service
- Hawaiian Sovereignty Election Council, Council Member, 1994-97
- Outrigger Canoe Club, Director, 2015-16
- Mamaka Aialo, Member, 2010 – present
- Native Hawaiian Bar Association, Director, 1994-present
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court – District of Hawaii - Lawyer Delegate
- American Bar Association
- Hawaii State Bar Association
- University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, B.A., Economics, 1975
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell Rating
- Lawyer of the Year 2017, Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Chambers USA 2015 – Ranked Lawyer
- The Best Lawyers in America - Commercial Litigation, Legal Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs & Litigation - Real Estate, 2007 - Present
- Super Lawyers by Key Professionals Media, Inc., 2008 - Present
- AV Preeminent Top Rated Lawyer - 2016 Nomination, Real Estate Law
- Justice Award, Hawaii State Bar Association, 1994
- Lawyer of the Year 2012 & 2016, Legal Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Top 25 Hawaii Super Lawyers, 2011 - 2014
- Adjunct Professor, Native Hawaiian Rights Clinic, William S. Richardson School of Law
Last Updated: 5/15/2022