Mark F. Gallagher
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Kailua, HawaiiLaw Office of Mark Gallagher
The founder of The Law Office of Mark Gallagher in Kailua, Hawaii, Mark F. Gallagher has zealously represented people throughout the state who have been injured by the negligent and careless acts of others for over 34 years. The cases he has handled include motor vehicle accidents, wrongful death, motorcycle accidents, product liability claims, slip-and-fall accidents, insurance claims and catastrophic injury cases involving brain injury, paralysis, burn injuries and other damages.
Mr. Gallagher has also represented numerous adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse in claims brought against perpetrators and responsible institutions such as churches, schools, scouting organizations and the state. He has experience in the early stages of his career working at the U.S. Small Business Administration as an attorney in the Office of SBIC Liquidation.
Attending Tufts University, Mr. Gallagher obtained his bachelor’s degree in economics in 1985. He then pursued his legal education at the Boston University School of Law, where he served as a case and note editor for the school's Review of Banking & Financial Law. He was awarded his law degree in 1988 and was admitted to practice law in Massachusetts the same year.
Mr. Gallagher is admitted to practice in Massachusetts and Hawaii, and before the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Hawaii and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
Recognized by his fellow peers for his excellent track record and professional ethics, Mr. Gallagher has earned many awards and accolades. He has been peer-review rated Distinguished* through Martindale-Hubbell and has received a 10.0 rating on Avvo. Furthermore, he is an active member of the Hawaii State Bar Association, the Hawaii Association for Justice and the Brain Injury Association of Hawaii.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff, Insurance Coverage, Professional Liability: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Assault, Brain Injury, Dram Shop Laws, Insurance, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Defense, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death
- 60% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 10% Insurance Coverage
- 10% Professional Liability: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1988, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.windwardattorney.com/attorney/mark-f-gallagher/
- Massachusetts, 1988
- American Bar Association, Member
- Hawaii Association for Justice, Member, Present
- Hawaii State Bar Association, Member, Present
- Hawaii, 1993
- Member and past Vice President, Hawaii Association for Justice
- Litigation Section, Hawaii State Bar Association, member, former Interim Board Member
- Hawaii Association for Justice, member, former Vice President, Member of Board of Governors, Past Treasurer
- Member, HSBA Attorney, Client Relations Committee
- Hawaii State Bar Association Member, Past Director
- Member of Board of Governors, Hawaii Association for Justice
- Arbitrator, Court Annexed Arbitration Program
- Brain Injury Association of Hawaii, Member
- Editor, Annual Review of Banking Law, Boston University School of Law
- Ranches v. City and County of Honolulu, 115 Haw. 462,168 P.3d 592 (2007)
- Volunteer Legal Services Hawaii, Volunteer Attorney
- Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, Bachelor of Arts in Economics, 1985
Office location for Mark F. Gallagher
66 Kaiholu Place
Kailua, HI 96734
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2010, 2016 - 2022