Patrick E. Mahoney
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Boise, IdahoMahoney Law, PLLC
Practice Areas: Medical malpractice, Personal injury, Products liability; view more
Licensed in Idaho since: 1995
Education: University of Idaho College of Law
Mahoney Law, PLLCCapitol Gateway Plaza
1211 W. Myrtle Street, Suite 350
Boise, ID 83702 Visit website
As principal at Mahoney Law PLLC, Patrick E. Mahoney is dedicated to representing plaintiffs in medical malpractice and personal injury cases throughout all of Idaho. He focuses on handling cases that involve medical malpractice, personal injury, defective products, birth injuries, and veterans’ affairs hospital negligence.
Known for his ability to secure high-dollar awards for clients, Mr. Mahoney holds an Avvo “Superb” rating and he is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Though his focus is on helping people in Idaho, Mr. Mahoney has experience in litigation across the country. One of his most notable cases involved a pharmaceutical suit involving clients from multiple districts. Other successes include obtaining a $7.2 million settlement when a baby incurred a brain injury at birth.
In 1992, Mr. Mahoney received a Bachelor of Arts in political science from the University of Washington. He then earned a Juris Doctor from the University of Idaho College of Law in 1995. While in law school, Mr. Mahoney received the American Jurisprudence Award for earning the highest grade in his contracts and constitutional law courses. He also served as an editor for the school’s law review.
A published author, Mr. Mahoney is a member of the Idaho State Bar, the Idaho Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho.
For the services he provides outside his practice, Mr. Mahoney received the Idaho State Bar’s Denise O’Donnell Day Pro Bono Award.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Dental malpractice, Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis, Informed consent, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Motor vehicle defects, Medical devices, Pharmaceutical
- 70% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 20% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1995, Idaho
Professional Webpage: https://www.patrickmahoneylaw.com/attorney/mahoney-mr-patric...
- Marchand v. Jem Sportswear, Inc., 147 P.3d 90 (Idaho 2006)
- Jones, et al. v. B&B Autotransfusion, et al., 2009 Opinion 16, January 30, 2009
- State Insurance Fund in Selkirk Seed Co. v. State Insurance Fund, reported in 135 Idaho 649, 22 P.3d 1028 (2000)
- University of Washington, Bachelor’s degree in Political Science
- $7.5 Million Cerebral Palsy Birth Injury Settlement - Idaho Federal Court, 2015
- Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Meridian Police Activities League ("P.A.L."), Coach
- United States Golf Association, Member
- St. Michael's Episcopal Cathedral, Board of Directors, Elected Vestry, 2006
- Prior American Inns of Court and ITLA Board of Directors
- Texas, pro hac vice basis
- Idaho Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, Public Relations Chair, 2006
- Idaho Trial Lawyers Association, Board Member, 2010
- Idaho Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, Public Relations Chair, 2005
- American Association for Justice, Delegate
- Idaho Trial Lawyers Association, Eagle Member
- American Trial Lawyer's Association, Member
- Idaho Trial Lawyers Association, Governmental Relations Committee, Member
- American Association for Justice (formerly the American Trial Lawyers Association), Member
- Lecturer - Fall 2018 ITLA Seminar - Expert Witness Disclosures: Must Dos, Traps, and Pitfalls, Speaker-presenter, Idaho Trial Lawyers Association
- Contributing author, Gaining the Best Settlement in Auto Injury Cases, National Business Institute, July 2007
- Co-Presenter, Taking & Defending Effective Depositions, Lorman Education, September 2007
- Author, Delayed Assent to Motorist Blood Alcohol Testing, Idaho Law Review, Vol. 31-1, Fall 1994
- American Association for Justice's Litigating Medical Negligence Cases Seminar, Phoenix, Arizona, January, 2009
- Birth Injury Medical Malpractice Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada, April 2010
- 2016 Summery Sun Valley Seminar - Speaker: Cross Examination Panel, Panel Presenter - Speaker, Idaho Trial Lawyers Association, 2016
- Pro Bono Awared, Idaho State Bar, 2008
- Idaho Law Review, University of Idaho College of Law, Fall Edition Editor
- American Jurisprudence Awards, Contracts and Constitutional Law, University of Idaho College of Law
- National Political Honor Society, University of Washington, Member
- Recipient of Champion for Civil Justice Award, 2007
- Million Dollar Advocates forum, Lifetime Member
- Idaho Law Review, University of Idaho College of Law, Executive Board
- Idaho Trial Lawyers Association; American Association For Justice; Idaho State Bar; Ninth Circuit
Office location for Patrick E. Mahoney
Capitol Gateway Plaza
1211 W. Myrtle Street, Suite 350
Boise, ID 83702
- Super Lawyers: 2010, 2015 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2008