J. Conard Metcalf
Top rated Products Liability attorney in Alton, IllinoisSimmons Hanly Conroy
Practice Areas: Products Liability
Education: University of Colorado Law School
Simmons Hanly ConroyOne Court Street
Alton, IL 62002 Phone: 877-219-6109 Email: J. Conard Metcalf Visit website
Conard Metcalf has successfully represented hundreds of men and women diagnosed with asbestos-caused cancers, such as mesothelioma and lung cancer, as well as individuals suffering from asbestosis and other occupational diseases and toxic injuries. Mr. Metcalf has been invited to speak about asbestos-related diseases at medical conferences and legal seminars and has published articles about occupational diseases in several legal journals.
Mr. Metcalf received his law degree from the University of Colorado in 1972, where he was a member of the Law Review. In 1973, he received a Master of Law degree from Columbia University in New York City. More recently, he received an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell. An AV rating, which identifies a lawyer with a very high to preeminent legal ability, is a prestigious peer-reviewed analysis of Mr. Metcalf’s expertise, experience, integrity and overall professional excellence.
Mr. Metcalf belongs to a number of organizations, including the International Society of Barristers, which invites lawyers with demonstrated expertise as trial lawyers to be members. He is proud to be a founding member of Trial Lawyers for Public Justice, a national organization of trial lawyers representing people whose causes involve important issues of justice and fairness. He wrote the brief on behalf of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America that was filed in the United States Supreme Court in the important asbestos case of Edwards v. Celotex.
Professional Webpage: https://www.simmonsfirm.com/about-us/our-attorneys/profiles/...
- Trial Lawyer’s College, 1999
- University of Colorado, B.A., Economics, 1969
- Columbia University, L.L.M., l973
- 1973, Colorado
- United States Supreme Court, 1994
- Tenth U. S. Circuit Court of Appeals, 1973
- Admitted pro hac vice: Wyoming, Montana, New Mexico, Washington, Illinois, Virginia
- U. S. District Court, District of Colorado, 1973
- Washington, 2007
- Panther v. Raybestos-Manhattan Inc, 1985
- Miller v. Armstrong World Industries Inc, 1991
- Fenton v. Fibreboard Corp, 1991
- Wills v. Bath Excavating & Construction Co, 1991
- Celotex Corp v. Edwards, 1994
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2012