Jeffrey E. Martin
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Arlington Heights, IL
- Free Consultation
Jeffrey E. Martin is an attorney who devotes his practice to personal injury law. With the Law Offices of Jeffrey E. Martin and now as Senior Partner at MARTIN LAW, LLC, he represents clients in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs who have been injured through motor vehicle negligence, nursing home negligence and abuse, medical malpractice and other injuries caused by the negligence of another party.
Mr. Martin is a graduate of Loyola University Chicago School of Law and has been practicing law in Illinois for more than three decades. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Over the years, Mr. Martin has been involved in several notable cases and has, on a number of occasions, helped clients to recover verdicts or settlements of more than $1 million. In one case he helped his client to recover a $5 million verdict.
Active in professional organizations, Mr. Martin is a member of The Chicago Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice. He has volunteered his time with Chicago Volunteer Legal Services and has lectured on tort law topics for professional conferences and seminars.
Recognized for his professionalism, Mr. Martin received the AV Preeminent* rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating available from the attorney peer review service.
Mr. Martin is also active in community organizations. He has served as a member of the board of directors for a local nonprofit group committed to helping needy families and on the Institutional Review Board for the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago. He is currently a member of the Arlington Heights Chamber of Commerce.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Nursing Home, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2022
About Jeffrey E. Martin
First Admitted: 1982, Illinois
Professional Webpage: http://www.martinlawchicago.com/
- C.E. V. Michael Reese Hospital: $5 million medical malpractice verdict
- R.D. as Indep Admin of M.D. v Undisclosed nephrologist: $640,000 settlement, 2018
- E.S., a minor v. Ed's Rentals and PTO: $1,945,000 settlement , 2018
- J.A., A Minor, ET. AL V. CB, M.D.: $1.03 million birth injury verdict
- T.B. V. Undisclosed Chicago Hospital: $2.25 million medical malpractice settlement
- J.S. v Undisclosed Driver and Underinsured Motorist Carrier - $292,500 Fractured humerus, GI bleed., 2016
- G.R. And D.R. V. A Local Municipality and Its Paramedics and Hospital: $1.1 million settlement
- C.H. V. LGH: $975,000 settlement
- N.C. v Undisclosed Nursing Home - $400,000.00, 2014
- D.B. V. West Suburban Hospital (Oak Park, IL): $2.9 million birth injury settlement
- M.R. V. Anonymous M.D.: $1.95 million settlement
- H.K. v. Undisclosed Reproductive Endocrinologist - $4.5 million settlement, 2011
- Educational Achievement Award, Lincoln Academy of Illinois, 1977
- Recipient of “AV” rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Honor Society member, Delta Mu Delta, North Park College, 1977
- Illinois Leading Lawyers
- National Trial Lawyer, 2014
- National Trial Lawyer, 2015
- , Illinois Super Lawyers, Peers, 2021
- Recipient: Louis Kokoris Memorial Scholarship in Political Science and Law, North Park College, 1977
- Loyola University of Chicago School of Law, 1982
- B.A., North Park University, 1978 magna cum laude, 1978
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member, Plan Commision, Village of Arlington Heights, Arlington Heights,IL, 1989
- Chairman, Ordinance Review Subcommittee, 1992-1995
- Institutional Review Board, Children’s Memorial Hospital, 1995-1997
- Village of Arlington Heights, Illinois, Plan Commission, 1989-1995
- 25th Annual Senior Celebration Day, 2013
- Volunteer, Chicago Volunteer Legal Services
- Volunteer for Cook County Foreclosure Mediation, 2011
- Moot Court Judge, ABA Law Student Division National Appellate Advocacy Competition, 2020
- Moot Court Judge, ABA Law Student Division National Appellate Advocacy Competition, 2015
- Chicago Bar Association, 2021
- American Constitution Society for Law & Policy Member, past member Board of Directors, Chicago Lawyer Chapter
- Illinois State Bar Association, 2021
- American Association for Justice f/k/a The Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 2021
- Member, Arlington Heights Chamber of Commerce, 2021
- American Bar Association, 2021
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, 2021
- Moot Court Judge, ABA Law Student Division National Appellate Advocacy Competition, 2016
Last Updated: 5/15/2022