« Back to ResultsShow More
Top Rated Workers' Compensation Attorney in Aurora, IL
Selected to Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2007, 2012 - 2015, 2017 - 2022
Licensed in Illinois Since: 1989
Education: University of Illinois Chicago School of Law
Practice Areas: Workers' Compensation: Claimant, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
About Mark Masur
First Admitted: 1989, Illinois
Professional Webpage: http://www.kfkllaw.com/attorneys/mark-masur/
- He has been selected as one of the "Top 100 Trial Lawyers" in Illinois by the National Trial Lawyers Association. He has been named a "Leading Lawyer" by survey of his peers, signifying that he is among the top 5% of all Illinois lawyers in the field of personal injury and workers’ compensation litigation. He has also been named a "Super Lawyer" in workers’ compensation litigation by survey of his peers, a distinction likewise limited to the top 5% of all lawyers who practice in Illinois. He has been named among the top One Percent of all lawyers nationwide by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. He graduated law school with distinction. Mr. Masur was inducted into the Brentwood High School Hall of Fame in 2012 (Pennsylvania)., Various
- Obtained a life changing confidential award for a construction worker who suffered brain damage after bring struck by a train in which liability and damages were fully contested.
- Obtained $1,234,607 in Kane County on behalf of the parents and sibling of an unmarried 16 year old who died in an automobile accident.
- Obtained $1,050,000 in Kane County on behalf of the parents and siblings of an unmarried 24-year-old woman who died in an automobile accident.
- Obtained $1 million policy limits in Kane County on behalf of the adult children of 66 and 67 year old parents who died in an automobile accident.
- Obtained $900,000 in Kane County on behalf of a 52 year old who lost his spleen, sustained left elbow injuries (surgically repaired twice) and disfigurement in an automobile accident.
- Obtained $770,000 for a 47 year old iron worker who sustained significant right shoulder injuries, surgically repaired and a left ankle injury.
- Obtained $750,000 in Kane County on behalf of the adult children of a 45 year old man who died in an automobile accident in which liability was seriously disputed.
- Obtained $609,971.65 for a 52 year old construction worker who was unable to return to his usual occupation after a crushing foot/ankle injury.
- Obtained $520,980.00 in Kane County on behalf of a 44 year old man who suffered inhalation injuries as a result of a motel fire.
- Kus v Sherman Hospital (2d Dist. 1990) 204 Ill. App. 3d 66, 561 N.E.2d. 381: Successfully argued that it was error to deny plaintiff leave to file health professional report after trial court ruled that complaint against hospital sounded in healing art malpractice.
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ILTLA)
- Kane County Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA), American Association for Justice (AAJ), Kane County Bar Association (KCBA), Illinois Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association (WCLA)
Last Updated: 5/15/2022