Top rated personal injury attorney in Aurora, IllinoisKinnally Flaherty Krentz Loran Hodge & Masur P.C.
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Medical malpractice, Workers' compensation view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 1978
Education: Northern Illinois University College of Law
Kinnally Flaherty Krentz Loran Hodge & Masur P.C.2114 Deerpath Road
Aurora, IL 60506 Phone: 630-907-0909 Email: Patrick Flaherty Visit website
Mr. Flaherty limits his practice to all phases of personal injury, wrongful death and workers’ compensation cases, including medical malpractice, auto accidents/truck accidents, construction accidents, defective products, premises accidents, train accidents, nursing home injuries and sexual abuse. He has been recognized by his peers as among the top five percent of all Illinois lawyers in personal injury, workers' compensation and professional negligence litigation (“Super Lawyers” and "Leading Lawyers") and has received the highest peer rating for skill and integrity (AV-Martindale Hubbell). He also has been named among the top 100 trial lawyers in Illinois by the American Trial Lawyers Association. He has obtained many multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements and is widely respected as a champion for the victims of negligence and wrongdoing.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Workers' compensation: claimant, Personal injury - products: plaintiff, Professional liability: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1978, Illinois
Professional Webpage: http://www.kfkllaw.com/attorneys/patrick-flaherty/
- $5 million recovery for a child who suffered severe brain damage at birth, the largest birth injury verdict or settlement in Kane County history; $3.4 million verdict for family whose 47 year father died of undiagnosed aortic dissection, a Will County record high; $3 million recovery for 34-year-old unmarried man seriously and permanently injured by medical negligence; $2.5 million recovery for wife and children of a 46-year-old father run over by a truck he was directing at a construction site; $2 million verdict for 57 year old woman injured at Cook County race track when knocked to the floor of the granstands by patrons frightened after dropped hand gun discharged; $1.5 million recovery for wife and adult daughters of 60-year-old man with a family history of thromboembolism who died of a blood clot following ankle reconstruction surgery, Kane Country record high for podiatric malpractice.
- Frequent lecturer at seminars sponsored by the Kane County Bar Association and the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association. Author of articles in the Kane County Bar Briefs, including "Yamirka" (July, 2011); "Turning Justice Into a Business: The Perils of Private Mediation in Tort Cases" (April, 2010); "How Judges Influence Advocacy (February, 2009).
- Mr. Flaherty has been involved in the communities of the Fox Valley for many years. He coached baseball with Aurora Boys Baseball for years and also coached a team of disabled children with Batavia Boys Baseball. He served on the Aurora Preservation Commission in the City of Aurora for a number of years and on the Board of Directors for the Association for Individual Development for seven years. He was recently reappointed to the Board of the Association for Individual Development, a non profit organization serving developmentally disabled and mentally ill people in the Fox Valley. He recieved the Community Service Award from the Kane County Bar Association in 2014 and the Lyle C. Oncken Community Service Award from The INC Board in 2013.
- President of the Kane County Bar Association (2007-2008); Board of Managers, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (2005 to present); Chair of the Kane County Bar Association Civil Practice Committee (1995-2008)
- Named an Illinois Leading Lawyer in the fields of Personal Injury Litigation, Workers' Compensation and Professional Malpractice, an award limited to the top 5% of all lawyers in each field. Named one of the top 100 trial lawyers in Illinois by the National Trial Lawyers Association. Apointed by the Illinois Supreme Court to the Committee on Character and Fitness of the Illinois Board of Admissions to the Bar. The Committee is responsible for evaluating and certifying the character and fitness of people applying for a license to practice law in Illinois. Elected Preseident of the Kane County Bar Association in 2007-2008. Elected to the Board of Managers of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association in 2005 - 2010.
- Federal Trial Bar
- American Association Of Justice
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Kane County Bar Association
- Trial Lawyers For Public Justice
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2023