Paul G. Krentz
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Aurora, IllinoisKinnally Flaherty Krentz Loran Hodge & Masur P.C.
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, General Litigation, Eminent Domain
Licensed in Illinois since: 1983
Education: Valparaiso University School of Law
Paul Krentz' practice is primarily concentrated in civil litigation. Approximately one half of his cases are plaintiff personal injury and wrongful death cases. Over the years, he has developed a subspecialty of representing children who were sexually abused.In addition to tort cases, he represents owners and various governmental bodies/utilities in eminent domain cases in which private property is being acquired for public purposes. Mr. Krentz is AV rated.
First Admitted: 1983
Professional Webpage: http://www.kfkllaw.com/attorneys/paul-krentz/
- I have tried many types of personal injury cases in Cook County and all suburban counties over the last 38 years. Over the past 25 years, I have been blessed with the opportunity to help many young children who were sexually abused at institutions by child care workers. Helping those victims is the aspect of my legal career of which I am the most proud. I have also represented many individuals who have had their property taken from them by various governmental agencies and have represented many governmental agencies/utilities who have need to acquire property for public purposes. Obtained a $1.5 million policy limit settlement for a man injured in a motor vehicle collision in Yorkville. Obtained $24 million in cumulative settlements for children sexually abused at a residential institution (Kane County record high). Obtained a $2.5 million policy limit settlement for an over-the-road truck driver injured in a DeKalb County motor vehicle collision. Obtained $1.25 million for a four-year-old boy seriously injured in a truck accident. Obtained a $1 million policy limit settlement in an underinsured motorist claim of a 55-year-old truck driver. In a highly contested liability case, Paul Krentz and Christopher Warmbold asked a Kane County jury to award $928,000.00 to their client, a 63 year old driver, accused of running a red light, who was seriously injured in a car crash at the intersection of Route 47 and Plank Road. After a couple hours of deliberation, the jury returned a $903,000.00 verdict in their client’s favor. Obtained a $775,000 settlement for an 8-year-old boy attacked by 2 pit bulls while walking to school on the east side of Aurora. Obtained a $575,000.00 verdict for a Kane County landlord when its tenant Northern Illinois Gas failed to pay the rent. Obtained a $100,000 verdict in Will County for a private utility company who condemned a utility easement to install a water and sewer pipe. Obtained a bad faith verdict affirmed on appeal against Rockford Mutual Ins. Co. as a result of its unreasonable and vexatious delay in paying for the repairs and lost income of its insured following the partial collapse of a commercial building. Verdict of $864,000 compensatory and $864,000 punitive damages for elderly client injured in an automobile crash caused by a drunk driver resulting in a bad faith claim against the insurer. Verdict in excess of $1 million for a homeowner whose property was taken by the DuPage County Forest Preserve District.City of Aurora v Whilden: Obtained the highest per-acre verdict in Kane County history for a property owner in a condemnation case.Eichler v. Plitt Theaters, Inc., 167 Ill. App. 3d (2d Dist. 1988): Successfully argued in a case of first impression for an exception to the Illinois rule that property owners are not liable for injuries that result from natural accumulations of ice and snow. The Appellate Court held that property owners who contract to remove ice and snow can be liable to visitors injured in a slip and fall even though the ice and snow constituted a natural accumulation.
- Paul Krentz is an active member of the Kane County Civil Practice Committee. He has been a frequent lecturer at civil practice seminars.
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys American Academy of Trial lawyers
- Attorney Information Exchange Group
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2024