Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Bannockburn, IL
As founder of the Douglas Law, A Professional Corporation, Mr. Douglas is dedicated to representing clients in Lake Bluff, and throughout Lake County and Northern Illinois. He focuses his practice on handling family law cases that involve the following matters: child support, custody, visitation, adoption and divorce.
After earning a Bachelor of Arts in psychology at Northern Illinois University in 1987, Mr. Douglas went on to receive a Juris Doctor from the Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, in 1990.
Dealing with legal issues can take a toll on everyone in the family. Keeping that in mind, Mr. Douglas works closely with his clients to resolve issues as quickly and effectively as possible. As a certified arbitrator and guardian ad litem, he has experience representing clients through all phases of the legal process. To better serve the community where he practices, Mr. Douglas is fluent in Spanish.
Working with people from all walks of life, Mr. Douglas takes a compassionate approach to every case. He gives the time and attention necessary to understand his clients' goals and priorities. Through applying his legal knowledge and using innovative strategies, Mr. Douglas has built a career of helping families through even the most complex matters.
A published author and frequent speaker, Mr. Douglas is active in the legal community. He is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and the Lake County Bar Association.
When he is not at his practice, Mr. Douglas enjoys doing volunteer and pro bono work, and is a member of the Ravinia Neighbors Association. He received an award from the Lake County Bar Association for his participation in its Volunteer Lawyers Program.
About Dwayne Douglas
First Admitted: 1991, Illinois
Professional Webpage: http://www.douglaslawoffices.com/Attorney-Profile/Dwayne-Dou...
- Certified, Guardian Ad Litem
- Certified Child Representative
- Certified Arbitrator, Nineteenth Judicial Circuit
Pro bono/Community Service
- Co-Chair, Campaign for Legal Services for Prairie State Legal Services
- Grant Committee, Member
- Ethics Advisor for the Township Government
- Volunteer Lawyers Program, Lake County Bar Association, 2004 - Present
- Liaison, Latino Advisory Committee
- Volunteer, Vineyard Church of Evanston
- Moraine Township Government, Elected Trustee
- Human Rights Commission of the City of Highland Park, Former Liaison
- Criminal Law Committee, Member
- Former Vice-Chair, former Chair, Lake County Bar Association’s Family Law Committee
- Lake County Bar Association, Board Member
- Former President, Jefferson Inn of Court
- Illinois Bar Association, Member
- Family Law Committee’s Planning Subcommittee
- Illinois, 1991
- Federal Trial Bar, Member
- Northern Illinois University, B.A., Major: Psychology, 1987
- Speaker, Sexually Violent and Dangerous Persons' Cases: A Nuts and Bolts Primer, Urbana, Illinois, 2006
- Speaker, Criminal Prosecutions and Order of Protection Proceedings: Possible Relationships to Family Law Proceedings, Hilton Head, South Carolina, 2003
- Dispositive Motions in Family Law Cases, 2-619 Motion to Dismiss, Motion for Summary Judgment, Motion for Declaratory Judgment, Savannah, Georgia, Speaker, 2006
- Speaker, When Can I Appeal a "Final" Judgment? Considerations for Family Law Practitioners, Santa Monica, California, 2007
- Speaker, Retainers for Attorney's Fees, To Whom Does Your Retainer Belong, Washington D.C., 2008
- Speaker, Guardianship and Custody Proceedings. Where do parents stand against third parties?, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, 2009
- Speaker, Wilson v. Clark, the principle and its development, Memphis, Tennessee, 2010
- An Alternative to Prison Sentences for "Non-Probationable" Offenses: The Alcoholism and Other Drug Abuse and Dependency Act, Lake County Bar Association Docket, 1994
- Changes to Illinois Supreme Court Rule 237 Have Arrived, Lake County Bar Association Docket, 2005
- An Introduction to the Sexually Violent Persons Commitment Act, Lake County Bar Association Docket, 2005
- Dispositive Motions in Family Law Cases, Lake County Bar Association Docket, 2006
- When Can I Appeal a "Final" Judgment?, Lake County Bar Association Docket, 2007
- Judicial Subcircuits: What are they? Why have them? Where do we go from here?, Lake County Bar Association Docket, 2008
- Individual Retirement Account Withdrawals as "Income" for Child Support Purposes, Lake County Bar Association Docket, 2013
Last Updated: 5/15/2022