Mariam L. Hafezi
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Bensenville, IllinoisKaiser Hafezi Law
Partner and attorney at law at Kaiser Hafezi Law, Mariam L. Hafezi represents those in Cook, DuPage, Kane, and other collar counties in matters of personal injury and wrongful death. Fluent in Spanish and English, Ms. Hafezi handles all personal injury cases including premises liability injuries, auto accidents, medical malpractice, construction negligence, and products liability. Whether through a jury verdict or a settlement, she is prepared to pursue the best interests of her clients to a successful end, no matter the fight.
She is admitted to practice in Illinois and before the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. She is also admitted to the Federal Trial Bar.
Her first years as a lawyer were spent litigating exclusively complex medical malpractice cases, securing compensation for the catastrophic losses suffered by her clients and their families. Now her practice runs the full gamut of personal injury and wrongful death, including medical negligence.
A graduate of the University of Iowa, Ms. Hafezi earned a Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing in 2005. In 2010, she obtained her Juris Doctor from the Northern Illinois University College of Law, where she was assistant editor to the Northern Illinois University Law Review and graduated magna cum laude.
Ms. Hafezi is a proud member of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, the Illinois State Bar Association, and the American Association for Justice. To help as many people as possible, she offers free initial consultations to those who have been injured and had their lives changed by the choices of another.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Construction Accident, Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents
- 70% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2010, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.kaiserlawoffice.com/our-team/mariam-l-hafezi/
- Dean’s List all semesters
- Honored for Early Career Achievement and Devotion to the Public Good, Young Alumna of the Year, NIU College of Law, 2020
- NIU Law Review, Assistant Editor
- Northern Illinois University College of Law, JD, 2010
- University of Iowa, BBA Marketing, International Business Certificate, Spanish Minor, 2005
- Admitted to general bar of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2011
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Admitted to Illinois Bar, 2010
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA)
- Admitted to the Trial Bar of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2014
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA)
- Plaintiff tripped and fell on a low bar of the cart corral in Menards, injuring her knee. After three-day trial in DuPage County, the jury awarded a verdict of $100,00 in favor of the Plaintiff. The Defendant appealed the verdict and the verdict was affirmed by the Second District Appellate Court. Plaintiff was awarded her verdict plus interest., 2016
- $125,000 settlement for a minor that was thrown from a horse, suffering a non-permanent head injury. Lake County defendant., 2020
- Medical malpractice/wrongful death of an 80 year old man due to untreated abdominal aortic aneurysm that ruptured resulting in his death. Defendant primary care doctor settled for $700,00 after litigating the matter through the expert phase., 2019
- Record setting verdict for Plaintiff in Cook County for a low back injury without paralysis. $15.8 million dollars for a carpenter who injured his back unloading a truck because the company in charge of running the job did not properly prepare and had the carpenters and trucker doing work they were not supposed to be doing. There was no offer made by the Defendant at any time prior to trial. It was an excess verdict that was paid in order to avoid the bad faith case that was to follow., 2018
- Plaintiff was a pedestrian that was hit by a taxi, causing a soft tissue injury to her low back. Jury trial held in DuPage County. The jury found the Defendant guilty and awarded Plaintiff $160,000. No contributory negligence was found on the part of the Plaintiff., 2018
Office location for Mariam L. Hafezi
1035 South York Road
Bensenville, IL 60106
- Super Lawyers: 2024
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2023