Joseph Paul Giamanco
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Bolingbrook, IL
Selected to Rising Stars: 2011 - 2017
Attorney Joseph P. Giamanco is the founder and principal of Giamanco Law Partners, which has law offices in New Lenox and Bolingbrook, Illinois. A top-rated trial lawyer with more than 18 years of legal experience, Mr. Giamanco provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout DuPage, Will, Cook, Grundy and Kendall counties, as well as the surrounding areas of the Chicago metro who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Personal injury and wrongful death claims arising from car and truck accidents, slip-and-fall accidents, dram shop liability and other matters
· Workers' compensation
· Traffic and DUI defense
· Family law and divorce
· Debt collection defense
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Giamanco has successfully handled more than 50 jury trials and over 1,000 arbitrations, and he has represented both plaintiff and defendant clients alike in high-stakes, complex legal disputes involving a wide range of civil matters and tortious claims. He has also defended the rights and liberties of numerous clients charged with DUI or other serious traffic-related offenses while guiding many more through the emotional divorce process.
No matter the issues his clients are dealing with or how complicated their situations, Mr. Giamanco delivers the highly personalized counsel they need to make the best informed decisions as he aggressively pursues the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve. Honored for his professionalism and service, he has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers along with numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 1999 graduate of the University of Denver, Mr. Giamanco attended DePaul University College of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2002. While there, he was a member of the moot court trial team, and he served as president of the law school's chapter of the Justinian Society of Lawyers.
He also studied abroad for a year at Humboldt University in Berlin, Germany, where he received a certification as a mediator with advanced study in negotiations and alternative dispute resolution. He also received the CALI Award for his outstanding performance in the classroom for the DePaul Death Penalty Legal Clinic, and he served as law clerk in a defense case involving a death row inmate who ultimately received a pardon from Illinois' governor.
Mr. Giamanco is an active member of the Will County, DuPage County and Illinois State Bar Associations. He also serves as chair of Lawyers in the Library and Bolingbrook United, and serves on the board of directors for the Bolingbrook Chamber of Commerce as well as for First National Bank of Nokomis. Mr. Giamanco is highly active with various other civic, charitable and support organizations throughout his community.
About Joseph Paul Giamanco
First Admitted: 2002, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.glawpartners.com/joseph-giamanco.html
Pro bono/Community Service
- Heart Heaven Out Reach (H2O)
- Northwestern University; past Alumni Advisor and Alumni Corporation V.P.
- Bolingbrook Soccer Club, Youth Sports Coach
- Bolingbrook T-Ball, Youth Sports Coach
- Lawyers in the Library, Chair
- Bolingbrook United, Chair
- Bolingbrook Chamber of Commerce
- Justinian Society of Lawyers, Law School Chapter President
- Guest Lecturer, DePaul University College of Law, Career Services events Theta Chi, Delta Iota Chapter
- University of Denver, Denver Colorado, B.A., 1999, Majors: Political Science and Sociology, Minor: Leadership Studies, President of the Student Body, Theta Chi Fraternity, Gamma Lambda Chapter, Founding Father
- Humboldt University in coordination with Tulane University, Certified Mediator with Advanced Study in Negotiations and Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2000
- Moot Court Trial Team
- Rising Star, 2011 – 2017
- CALI Award for Outstanding Performance, DePaul Death Penalty Clinic
- Super Lawyers as a “Super Lawyer”, 2018 - 2019
- Illinois State Bar Association, General, Small Firm, and Solo Practitioner Section Council Member, 2006 - 2008
- Illinois Alcohol and Drug Dependency Association
- Bolingbrook Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association, Chair of Publication SubCommittee
- Will County Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022