Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Chicago, IL
Focusing her practice primarily on family law matters, Alyease Jones is the owner of her eponymous solo practice. Her firm is located in Chicago, Illinois, the city where she was born, and she represents clients in Cook County and throughout most of the greater metropolitan area. Ms. Jones has been admitted to practice before all Illinois state courts since 2014.
Many of Ms. Jones’s family law clients are people who are seeing their marriages come to an end for a variety of reasons. She works with them to find solutions to such divorce-related legal issues as spousal and child support, the division of marital debts and assets, and child custody and visitation. While Ms. Jones encourages many of them to reach an accord on these matters through negotiations of a comprehensive settlement agreement that she often plays a lead role in, this is not always possible, and when that is the case, she uses her courtroom experience for their benefit when litigation is necessary.
Other family law matters that Ms. Jones has handled have included the preparation and review of prenuptial and post-marital agreements, and she has helped domestic violence victims seek orders of protection from the court. She has additionally represented people whose marriages have previously been legally dissolved and who now want her assistance in obtaining the enforcement of or modifications to parenting or support court orders.
Ms. Jones majored in political science as an undergraduate at Northern Illinois University and received a Bachelor of Science with honors in 2008. She then studied law at what was then known as the Thomas M. Cooley Law School, and she received an academic scholarship before she was awarded her Juris Doctor cum laude in 2013.
About Alyease Jones
First Admitted: 2014, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.ladyjusticechicago.com/about
- Northern Illinois University, B.S., Political Science, Deemed a Political Science Scholar, Member of Pi Sigma Alpha
- March 5, 2019- Chicago Bar Association- Expanding Your Family Law Practice Through Unbundled Service
- American Bar Association GP Solo Magazine
- Chicago Lawyer Magazine
- March 18, 2017- Incubator Consortium’s 4th Annual Conference Access to Justice: Incubators, Residencies, Apprenticeships, and Non-profit Law Firms Texas A&M University School of Law, Fort Worth TX, Pricing, Shoestring Budgets & Profit Generation
- May 10, 2017-Mother’s Day Tea event presented by the Family Defense Center discussions on experiences and cases with the Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
Pro bono/Community Service
- Chicago Legal Clinic
- C.A.R.P.L.S. Legal Aid Hotline (Chicago Advice and Referral Program for Legal Services), Volunteer
- Washtenaw Public Defender's Clinic, Volunteer
- Sixty Plus Elder Law Clinic, Volunteer
- E.V.E. (End Violent Encounters), Volunteer
- Chicago Bar Foundation's Justice Entrepreneurship Project
- Gospel Justice Center, 2020
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services, 2020
- The award is given to 40 of the most talented black attorneys from each state or region who are under the age of 40., National Black Lawyers-Top 40 under 40, The National Black Lawyers, 2020
- In 2020, it is time to stop taking pictures of documents https://t.co/Iyf57pRvX0
- Divorce because of coronavirus?
- Message from the Owner and Principal Attorney https://t.co/wB2Ki2l5oe
- Illinois' Deadbeats Most Wanted List https://t.co/XlcJRvEZmf
- Finding the Right Attorney to Represent You https://t.co/TWfgaLdFEW
Last Updated: 5/15/2022