Amir R. Tahmassebi
Top rated Professional Liability attorney in Chicago, IllinoisKonicek & Dillon, PC
A member of Geneva, Illinois-based Konicek & Dillon PC, Amir R. Tahmassebi provides dedicated representation to his clients throughout the Chicago metropolitan area. Focusing his practice primarily on civil litigation, he has assisted both plaintiffs and defendants in cases involving legal malpractice and breach of fiduciary duties, and he has also represented plaintiffs who have been harmed by nursing home abuse. As part of his professional negligence practice, Mr. Tahmassebi has represented attorneys in administrative hearings before the Illinois Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Tahmassebi attended the University of Notre Dame, where he was a member of the school's varsity soccer team before graduating with honors in 2002 with a Bachelor of Science in business. He then pursued his legal studies at Valparaiso University School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor with honors in 2005.
Mr. Tahmassebi is admitted to practice in Illinois as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern and Central Districts of Illinois and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit. He has also appeared on a case-by-case basis before courts in Indiana, New York, Wisconsin and Florida. A member of the Illinois State Bar Association, the American Association for Justice and the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, he serves as co-chair of The Chicago Bar Association's Professional Responsibility Committee.
A lifelong sports fan, Mr. Tahmassebi regularly assists professional athletes around the country with various legal matters, including contract negotiations. He is a frequent speaker at industry seminars, covering the subjects of legal malpractice and ethics, and he has been a member of The Chicago Bar Association's Judicial Evaluation Committee.
Practice areasProfessional Liability: Plaintiff, Business Litigation
Legal Malpractice, Professional Malpractice - Other
- 70% Professional Liability: Plaintiff
- 30% Business Litigation
First Admitted: 2005, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.konicekdillonlaw.com/attorney/tahmassebi-amir-r/
- Notre Dame’s varsity soccer team, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- New York
- Chicago Bar Association, Commitee for Professional Responsibility, Co-Chair
- Chicago Bar Association, Judicial Evaluation Committee, Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2005
- Kane County Bar Association, Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- Illinois, 2005
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Named an Illinois Super Lawyer Rising Star in 2012, 2013 and 2014 in the area of Legal Malpractice
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, B.S., Honors: With Honors, Major: Science-Business, 2002
Office location for Amir R. Tahmassebi
Three First National Plaza
70 West Madison, Suite 2060
Chicago, IL 60602
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2015