Barry D. Sheppard
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Chicago, IllinoisSheppard Law Firm, P.C.
Managing partner at Sheppard Law Firm, P.C., in Chicago, Illinois, Barry D. Sheppard is a criminal defense attorney with over 45 years of legal experience. Providing clients throughout the country with knowledgeable counsel and support, Mr. Sheppard takes on criminal defense cases that include the following:
- White collar crimes
- Sex offenses
- Serious drug offenses
- Serious financial offenses
- DNA forensic science cases
- Child pornography
- Drug trafficking
Mr. Sheppard started his legal career as a public defender, where he gained invaluable experience and nationwide attention fighting aggressively for clients accused of wrongdoing. During this time, he worked on and won cases ranging from homicides to serious sex offenses. Mr. Sheppard has a reputation for taking cases that are tough and that require aggressive advocacy. He has obtained notable success fighting zealously for the rights of his clients.
Having received many testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients, Mr. Sheppard also has many endorsements and accolades from his peers. Because of this, he was included in the Leading Lawyers list on the Leading Lawyers and Chicago Lawyer magazines in the areas of felonies, white collar criminal defense and misdemeanors.
Graduating cum laude, Mr. Sheppard has a Bachelor of Science degree from the Southern Illinois University. He earned his Juris Doctor with dean’s list honors from the DePaul University College of Law, where he authored for the DePaul Law Review. Mr. Sheppard is admitted to practice before Illinois and California, the United States Supreme Court, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois –Trial Bar Admission, the U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona and U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
Mr. Sheppard has a reputation for being actively involved in the legal community. He is a member of The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, The Illinois Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Decalogue Society of Lawyers, The Chicago Bar Association, Illinois State Bar Association, Northwest Suburban Bar Association, The legal committee for the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML), Families Against Mandatory Minimums, Constitutional Rights Foundation and Illinois Association of Criminal Defense Lawyer.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Criminal Defense: White Collar
Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Criminal Law - Federal, Felony, Sex Offenses, White Collar Crime
- 50% Criminal Defense
- 50% Criminal Defense: White Collar
First Admitted: 1976, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.thesheppardlawfirm.com/attorney/barry-d-sheppard...
- Decalogue Society of Lawyers
- Constitutional Rights Foundation
- Families Against Mandatory Minimums
- The NORML Legal Committee
- Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois, B.S., Honors: cum laude, 1972
- Illinois, 1976
- Illinois Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- The Illinois Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- The National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar, 1976
- California, 1978
Office location for Barry D. Sheppard
180 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60601-2705
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2024