Bradley N. Pollock
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Chicago, IL
Bradley N. Pollock is a personal injury attorney with over 20 years of experience. Mr. Pollock practices at Taxman, Pollock, Murray & Bekkerman, LLC, in Chicago, Illinois, representing the injured and their families in cases involving catastrophic injury, motor vehicle accidents, construction injuries, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, premises liability, product liability, wrongful death and other issues.
Mr. Pollock’s background in insurance defense provided him with insight into how insurance companies approach a personal injury case, which he now uses to benefit his current clients. Over the course of his career, he has obtained major recoveries for his clients through verdicts and settlements.
The DuPage County Bar Association named Mr. Pollock “Lawyer of the Year” in 2016 and the National Trial Lawyers organization has included him on its “Top 100 Trial Lawyer” list each year since 2013. Additionally, Law Bulletin Media named him a “Leading Lawyer.”
Mr. Pollock has served in leadership roles with the Illinois State Bar Association and the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association. He continues to serve on the Committee on Character and Fitness of the Illinois Supreme Court and is a member of the Chicago Bar Association, the DuPage County Bar Association, the Robert E. Jones American Inn of Court and the American Association for Justice.
After graduating with distinction from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign in 1992, Mr. Pollock earned his law degree from Loyola University Chicago School of Law in 1995. He holds a license to practice law before all Illinois state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- 40%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Dental Malpractice, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Motor Vehicle Defects, Medical Devices
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2022
About Bradley N. Pollock
First Admitted: 1995, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.tpmblegal.com/bradley-n-pollock/
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA), Invited lecturer
- Chicago Bar Association (CBA) – Member, Invited lecturer
- American Inns of Court/DuPage County Chapter, Presenter
- DuPage County Bar Association (DCBA), Invited lecturer
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA), Invited lecturer
- DuPage County Bar Association (DCBA), General Counsel 2011 to 2013, Appointed Civil Practice Committee Chair 2007 & 2014, Appointed Chair of the Trial Advocacy Program 2007 to present, Past appointee of Judiciary Committee
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1996
- Illinois Bar, 1995
- American Inns of Court/DuPage County Chapter, President 2011-2012
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA), Appointed to Tort Section Council: 2011 to Present (Chair in 2016-17), Appointed to Civil Practice Section Council: 2014 to present
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA), Member of the Board of Managers
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Appointed to the ISBA Legislative Committee, 2018
- University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 1992
- Named Lawyer of the Year in 2016 by the DuPage County Bar Association, 2016
- Names a Top 100 Trial Lawyer, National Trial Lawyers
- Named a Leading Lawyer by Law Bulletin Publishing Company, (less than 5% of Attorneys in Illinois)
- Selected by his peers as an Illinois Super Lawyer, (less than 5% of Attorneys in Illinois)
- DuPage County Bar Association, Named Lawyer of the Year in 2016
- Appointed by the Illinois Supreme Court to serve on its Civil Jury Instruction Committee from, 2015 to present
- Appointed by the Illinois Supreme Court, to serve on its Character and Fitness Committee for the Second District - 2010 to present (Appointed Chair 2013 to 2017), 2010
- $1.1 million med mal settlement on behalf of our 85-year-old client who suffered a spinal cord injury during the course of a procedure to implant a spinal cord stimulator., 2018
- $2.95 million recovered on behalf our client who claimed that he was injured due to the conduct of an individual and corporate defendant while engaged in an adventure sporting event., 2018
- $18.6 million recovery in Cook County for a Chicago construction worker who suffered a life altering traumatic brain injury after falling from a piece of defective construction equipment. The scissor lift involved in the occurrence had been improperly maintained resulting in a catastrophic failure. Pollock purchased a duplicate of the scissor lift during the litigation and retained a team of engineering experts to forensically determine the cause of the failure. The defendants that contributed to the recovery included the owner of the scissor lift, the general contractor on the construction site, and the owner of the industrial property where the work was being performed.
- $2.6 million record recovery in DuPage County, IL for leg and foot injuries sustained by a 27-year-old motorcyclist when he was hit in an intersection by a SUV making a left turn on a yellow light. The driver of the SUV claimed that the motorcyclist was speeding and abruptly changing lanes to make the light, 2018
- $5.25 million products liability recovery in Cook County for a young man that sustained profound burn injuries in an explosion at an engine testing facility. The exhaust fan equipment permitted a spark to ignite combustible fumes. (co-counsel)
- $2.55 million in DuPage County for a young woman injured by an unattended motor vehicle that rolled down an incline and ran over her leg. The injury was significant and caused a partial degloving to her leg requiring extensive reconstructive surgery.
- $1.1 million medical malpractice verdict in Will County on behalf of an 82 year old woman that sustained a nerve injury when her median nerve was cut during an endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery. The verdict is the all-time highest verdict for a hand injury in a plaintiff over age 60.
- $5.7 million recovery in DuPage County for a spinal cord injury following a spinal surgery. The injury left the injured client wheelchair bound. (co-counsel)
- $3.1 million medical negligence recovery in Cook County against a Chicago academic medical center on behalf of 5 year old girl following the misplacement of a central venous catheter in her carotid artery resulting in her suffering an ischemic stroke.
- $1.5 million resolution of DuPage County medical malpractice wrongful death cause of action involving the death of a 2 day old prematurely born infant (25 weeks gestation).
- $1 million recovery for a woman that tripped over an exposed bolt in the floor of a Chicagoland retail store and suffered a head injury, including a subdural hematoma. The injury left her with cognitive deficits that impacted her ability to work.
- $7.3 million medical malpractice verdict in Cook County following a surgeon’s failure to completely remove a woman’s benign facial tumor. As a result, the injured plaintiff was required undergo extensive reconstruction surgery of her face and jaw. (co-counsel)
- $3.125 million recovery in DuPage County for an ankle injury following a rented golf cart vehicle rollover accident. The single vehicle collision caused the injured client to undergo significant reconstructive surgery of her ankle. The result is an all-time record recovery in DuPage County for ankle injury.
- $2.5 million medical malpractice verdict in Cook County for a man that experienced permanent hearing loss and imbalance following a failed ear surgery (co-counsel). The injury prevented the injured plaintiff from returning to work.
- $1.1 million medical malpractice recovery for a boy that suffered a facial nerve injury following surgery to remove a benign cystic hygroma. During the surgery to remove the growth, the surgeon injured the nerve. A nerve repair surgery was subsequently performed restoring some of the nerve’s function.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022