Brent R. Eames
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Chicago, IllinoisEames Law Group, Ltd.
Brent R. Eames is the owner and founder of Eames Law Group, which has its offices in Chicago, Illinois. He takes on cases involving personal injury matters, including car accidents, slip-and-fall injuries, workers’ compensation, construction accidents, wrongful death, police benefits, railroad accidents, nursing home injuries, dog bites, firefighter benefits and so on.
Dedicated and passionate about helping those who have obtained severe injuries because of the negligent and careless actions of another party, Mr. Eames is a zealous and tireless advocate for the rights and liberties of his clients. He has immense experience representing firefighters and police officers who were harmed while on duty.
Mr. Eames has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Western Illinois University and earned his Juris Doctor cum laude from the Northern Illinois University College of Law. He is admitted to practice in Illinois and before the United States District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois.
Mr. Eames is an active associate with numerous prominent legal associations, including being a council member of the Illinois State Bar Association’s Workers’ Compensation Law Section, a member of the board of visitors of the Northern Illinois University College of Law and a member of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association. He also served as the former president of the Northern Illinois University College of Law Alumni Council.
Honored for his exceptional legal work in the legal field, Mr. Eames has been named to the list of Emerging Lawyer by Leading Lawyers and is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum for having obtained several million-dollar settlements and verdicts for his clients. He also has a 10 out of 10 rating on Avvo along with many five-star reviews and endorsements from his peers. He has spoken at numerous seminars on topics such as workers’ compensation and premises liability claims.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Workers' Compensation: Claimant, State, Local & Municipal
Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Dram Shop Laws, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, State, Local & Municipal Litigation, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 50% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30% Workers' Compensation: Claimant
- 20% State, Local & Municipal
First Admitted: 2009, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.eamesinjurylaw.com/about-brent-eames/
- “Coordinating Workers’ Compensation Law with Public Employees,” Illinois State Bar Association Spring Workers’ Compensation Seminar, Feb. 17, 2020
- “Electronic Evidence and Social Media,” Illinois State Bar Association Fall Workers’ Compensation Seminar, Oct. 14, 2019
- This article begins by analyzing the two-part test for determining whether an injured worker in Illinois qualifies for benefits under the LHWCA. Then this article examines the concept of twilight zone jurisdiction as applied to injured workers in Illinois to provide guidance for spotting cases where concurrent jurisdiction will exist between the IWCA and the LHWCA., Author, Navigating Uncharted Waters: A Guide to Spotting Jurisdiction Under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act,, Trial Journal of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, 2014
- Speaker to members of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons on November 1, 2013 regarding the Claimant’s Attorney’s point of view for workers’ compensation claims, as well as the law in general., speaker, The claimant’s attorney’s point of view for workers’ compensation claims”, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 15th Annual AAOS Occupational Orthopaedics and Workers’ Compensation Course: A Multidisciplinary Perspective, American Academy Of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 2013
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Author, Building a Winning Slip-and-Fall Case: How to Utilize the Building Code to Win Premises Liability Claims, Trial Journal of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, 2011
- “Coordinating Workers’ Compensation Benefits for First Responders,” Illinois State Bar Association Fall Workers’ Compensation Seminar, Oct. 9, 2017, Speaker, Coordinating Workers’ Compensation Benefits for First Responders, Illinois State Bar Association, 2017
- Illinois Leading Lawyers Emerging Lawyer: Emerging lawyers have been identified by their peers to be among the TOP LAWYERS who are age 40 or younger. Less than 2% of all lawyers licensed in each state have received the distinction of Emerging Lawyer.
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star: a distinction that is limited to fewer than 2.5% of the attorneys in Illinois and awarded according to a polling of lawyers practicing in Illinois.
- an honor that is limited to Attorneys across the country who have won million dollar verdicts, awards and settlements for their clients. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Western Illinois University (B.A. 2006)
- Illinois, 2009
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Illinois State Bar Association – Workers’ Compensation Section Council Member
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois, 2014
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2010
- President of the Northern Illinois University College of Law Alumni Council. The Alumni Council of the Northern Illinois University College of Law Alumni Association is comprised of distinguished alumni with the goal of fostering a strong connection between the College of Law and its alumni, 2014
- Brent R. Eames earned a $1,247,713.58 verdict for a union road worker who was hit by an automobile and critically injured while working as a flagman at a work site along Route 351 near Oglesby, Illinois. The Plaintiff was forced to undergo multiple operations for serious injuries to his leg, shoulder and torso. Although the Defendant admitted fault for the accident, the extent of the Plaintiff’s disability, pain and suffering and loss of normal life were hotly contested issues. Brent R. Eames argued that given the Plaintiff’s injuries, he would be unable to return to his prior occupation with his union or find any suitable employment in the future. Additionally, Brent R. Eames argued that the Plaintiff would be unable to experience activities previously enjoyed, such as playing sports with his young son. In the end, the verdict sided with the Plaintiff by awarding $250,000.00 for future loss wages, $250,000.00 for loss of normal life and $500,000.00 for past and future pain and suffering., 2010
- Moments before trial was scheduled to begin, Brent R. Eames obtained a recovery of $2,250,000.00 for a 54 year-old man who suffered serious injuries as the result of an automobile collision in Rock Island County, IL. The Plaintiff’s car was struck from behind at a high rate of speed, resulting in the Plaintiff suffering a fractured spine which required fusion surgery to repair. Subsequently, the Plaintiff developed chronic pain and was unable to return to work. The Defendant denied liability for causing the collision and also disputed the nature and extent of the Plaintiff’s injuries. Specifically, the Defendant hired two expert doctors in an attempt to prove that the Plaintiff was faking his complaints of pain, and that the Plaintiff was physically and emotionally capable of returning to gainful employment., 2014
Office location for Brent R. Eames
47 W. Polk Street
Chicago, IL 60605
- Rising Stars: 2013, 2016 - 2024