Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Chicago, IllinoisSmith LaCien LLP
Attorney Brian LaCien is a founding partner of Smith LaCien LLP in Chicago, Illinois. Mr. LaCien practices personal injury law, serving clients throughout the Chicago metropolitan area. He handles matters involving aviation negligence, civil rights violations, medical malpractice, premises liability, product liability, professional negligence, trucking litigation and wrongful death.
Mr. LaCien has over a decade of experience successfully resolving complex injury cases through negotiation and litigation on behalf of injured Illinois residents. He is dedicated to helping his clients attain fair compensation after sustaining catastrophic injuries caused by negligence. Over his time in practice, he has obtained numerous major recoveries with an overall total of more than $2 billion.
Understanding that a serious injury can have devastating consequences for families, Mr. LaCien provides empathic and personalized service to each client he serves. He consistently attains favorable results through exceptional representation and aggressive advocacy.
Outside of the office, Mr. LaCien is an active participant in various legal organizations. He is chair of the Illinois State Bar Association’s Tort Law Section and the Aviation Law Section of the American Association for Justice. In honor of his accomplishments and successful legal career, Leading Lawyers has recognized him several years in a row and included him on its “top 10 emerging lawyer” list.
Mr. LaCien graduated magna cum laude from DePaul College of Law and was inducted into the Order of the Coif, a prestigious honors society. He holds a license to practice law before all Illinois state courts. Prior to founding Smith LaCien, he developed his legal skills and experience by serving as assistant legal counsel at the Illinois House of Representatives.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Aviation and Aerospace, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff, Civil Rights, Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Aviation Accidents - Plaintiff, Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Class Actions, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent, Medical Devices, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Defects, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Pharmaceutical, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Toxic Torts, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 20% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Aviation and Aerospace
- 20% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 10% Civil Rights
- 10% Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2002, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.smithlacien.com/attorney/lacien-brian/
- Speaker of the Illinois House of Representatives, Assistant Legal Counsel
- Guest lecturer, Practical skills training and fundamental litigation techniques for new lawyers program, Greenhorn Legal LLC, 2013 to 2015
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association, Past Chair of the Tort Law Section and member of the Illinois State Bar Association Assembly
- American Association for Justice, Past Chair of the Aviation Section and member of the Board of Governors for the State of Illinois
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, American Association for Justice Board of Governors
- Chicago Bar Association
- Leading Lawyers, 2014 - Present
- Recognized by Leading Lawyers publication annually since 2014, “Top Ten Emerging Lawyer”
- Illinois Super Lawyers since 2011, Previously a “Rising Star”
- SuperLawyer, 2011 - Present
- Top Ten Emerging Lawyer
- “Rising Star”, Illinois Super Lawyers
- University of Iowa, Bachelor of Finance, 1999
- CBA And ITLA
Office location for Brian LaCien
70 West Madison
Chicago, IL 60602