Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Chicago, IllinoisHofeld & Schaffner
Prepared with over 25 years of experience in personal injury and wrongful death cases, Brian Murphy is a valuable member of Hofeld & Schaffner. His legal services are offered to those in Chicago, Illinois, on a wide range of issues, including drug liability, product liability, aviation disasters, construction accidents, automobile accidents, medical practice and medical malpractice.
Mr. Murphy earned a Bachelor of Arts from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota and then continued his education by earning a Juris Doctor from Loyola University. Admitted to practice law in 1989, he has been engaged along with the other members of the firm with clients in cases of failed medical devices, private plane crashes and birth injuries.
Passionate about continuing his legal knowledge with professional memberships and associations, Mr. Murphy is a member of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, The Catholic Lawyers Guild of Chicago, an elected member of The Society of Trial Lawyers and the Illinois State Bar Association. He has an Avvo “Superb” rating, and for his superior legal skills and his adherence to ethics, he has received the highest rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
A prolific writer and speaker, Mr. Murphy has published and presented on matters of proving damages, mediations, prosecuting and defending cases, and hospital liability, along with many other topics related to personal injury. Previous experience in insurance defense guarantees that clients get thorough representation from an attorney who understands both sides of their case.
Currently involved with the firm in cases of delayed and misdiagnosed cases of breast cancer, lung cancer cases of medical negligence and severe disease caused by transplanted lung tissue, Mr. Murphy finds time to give every case his undivided attention.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Medical malpractice, Motor vehicle accidents, Construction accident
- 50% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 50% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1989, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.hofeldandschaffner.com/attorney/murphy-brian/
- St. Mary’s University of Minnesota, B.A.
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Assn; Illinois State Bar Association; Society Of Trial Lawyers
Office location for Brian Murphy
30 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60602
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2006, 2008 - 2023