Carrie A. Dolan
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Chicago, IL
Carrie Dolan's practice includes both civil litigation and business transactions. In addition for having a passion for both areas of law, Ms. Dolan believes that practicing in both areas directly benefits her clients. Her in-depth knowledge and understanding of the formation of agreements proves invaluable when litigating contract disputes. Conversely, when drafting agreements, she is able to contemplate and incorporate provisions necessary to prevent future litigation.
Ms. Dolan concentrates her litigation practice in areas of commercial litigation, title insurance defense and real estate litigation, including mechanics liens and foreclosures. Her transactional practice focuses on corporate transactions, commercial loan documentation, secured transactions, and real estate.
She has been privileged to represent and counsel small and large companies, commercial banks, title insurance companies, churches, associations and individuals.
Ms. Dolan has been associated with Cohon Raizes & Regal LLP since 1994 and a principal at the firm since 2000.
About Carrie A. Dolan
First Admitted: 1994, Illinois
Professional Webpage: http://www.cohonraizes.com/carrie-a-dolan.html
Pro bono/Community Service
- Knollwood Association, Inc., a non-profit homeowners community, member of rules evaluation committee, 2021 - present
- NAMI Cook County North Suburban, board member, 2019 to present
- Bakers Club of Chicago, officer and director, 2007-2017
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.S., 1991
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 1994
- United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 2003
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2010
- United States Supreme Court, 2003
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar, 2002
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1994
- Illinois Supreme Court, 1994
- Taught portion of IICLE's Annual Real Estate Short Course relating to title insurance and title claims, Lecturer, Title Insurance: What It Is and What to Do and Expect When a Title Claim Arises, IICLE 12th Annual Real Estate Short Course, And Real Estate Professionals, Bankers, Attorneys, 2016
- Presented a lecture to attorneys on post-closing issues arising in real estate., Lecturer, Advising Your Client on Common and Not So Common Post Closing Issues, Chicago Bar Association, Real Property Law Committee, Attorneys, 2013
- Presented a program on advising clients concerning post-title issues to real estate lawyers during a general membership meeting, Presenter, Advising Your Clients on Post-Title Issues, Illinois Real Estate Lawyers Association, Attorneys, 2014
- Presented a continuing education course on various voluntary and involuntary transfers of title, Lecturer, Transfers of Title, National Business Institute: Title Law in Illinois, Attorneys, Bankers And Real Estate Professionals, 2014
- Private Business
- Title Insurance Companies
Last Updated: 5/23/2022