Carrie A. Herschman
Top rated employment & labor attorney in Chicago, IllinoisHerschman Levison Hobfoll PLLC
Attorney Carrie A. Herschman is a partner with the law firm of Herschman Levison Hobfoll PLLC in Chicago, Illinois. Widely regarded as an emerging leader in her field, Ms. Herschman has more than 15 years of total legal experience, and she provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Chicago metro and surrounding areas who suffered discrimination, harassment or some other serious violation of their rights as workers.
Focused exclusively on employment law and related matters, Ms. Herschman has achieved remarkable success advocating on behalf of her plaintiff clients and assisting them with obtaining the full amount of restitution they deserve. She has handled numerous matters before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Illinois Department of Human Rights, and she has proven herself an invaluable legal ally both inside and outside of the courtroom.
Along with representing the rights and interests of her plaintiff clients with their employment-related claims, Ms. Herschman deftly handles complex employment agreements and executive severance matters to the full benefit of her clients. She also provides effective counsel to employers throughout her area to help them remain in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. She has notable experience as a union lawyer, and she is undaunted by any employment law challenge that comes her way.
A 1999 graduate of Northwestern University, Ms. Herschman obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Illinois College of Law in 2004. The Illinois State Bar Association admitted her to practice that same year, and she also holds her license to practice in New York.
Along with maintaining a successful legal practice, Ms. Herschman has published several articles and conducted lectures and seminars across her region on a variety of legal topics. She also serves as vice president of the National Association of Employment Lawyers of Illinois, and she is an active member of the Illinois State Bar Association, among her other professional affiliations.
Practice areasEmployment & labor: employee, Employment litigation: plaintiff
Employment law - employee, Employment discrimination
- 50% Employment & labor: employee
- 50% Employment litigation: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2004, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.hlhlawyers.com/carrie-a-herschman
- “Rising Star” by Illinois Super Lawyers, 2010, 2012-2015
- Emerging Lawyer by Leading Lawyers in 2016 and 2017
- Best Brief Award, Jessup International Moot Court, North Central Regional Champions, 2004
- Super Lawyer in Illinois in 2016-2020 in the field of labor and employment law
- CALI Award (highest grade in class), Employment Discrimination, Spring, 2003
- Rickert Awards for Excellence in Oral Advocacy and Excellence in Service to the College of Law
- Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, B.S. in Journalism, Slavic Languages and Literature, June 1999
- Illinois, 2004
- President, National Employment Lawyers Association, Illinois
- New York, 2006
- Vice President, National Employment Lawyers Association, Illinois, 2014
- Member, Board of Directors, AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee, 2007 - 2009
- Member, Board of Directors, National Employment Lawyers Association, (NELA) Illinois Chapter, 2011 - present
- Faculty Member, "Critical Labor Law Developments – 2011 Update", October, 2011
- Faculty Member, 38th Annual Institute on Employment Law, Labor-Management Relations Update, October, 2009
Office location for Carrie A. Herschman
401 S. LaSalle St.
Chicago, IL 60605
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010, 2012 - 2015