Craig D. Tobin
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Chicago, IL
Craig D. Tobin, of Tobin & Muñoz L.L.C., is a nationally recognized trial attorney with more than 30 years of experience helping clients throughout the Chicago, Illinois, metropolitan area in both civil and criminal matters.
Mr. Tobin has successfully handled numerous landmark cases throughout his career. Many of his cases have received national media attention and have set legal precedent. He has been featured in publications such as the American Bar Association Journal and the Chicago Tribune.
After graduating with high honors from Chicago-Kent College of Law at the Illinois Institute of Technology, Mr. Tobin worked on the murder task force for the Cook County Public Defender's Office, on which he achieved a high number of acquittals. In 1985, he left to start his own firm, the predecessor to Tobin & Muñoz L.L.C.
Today, Mr. Tobin is admitted to practice in the state of Illinois and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit. He handles complex, high-profile cases involving catastrophic injuries, medical malpractice, civil rights issues, white collar criminal defense and commercial litigation.
Highly regarded among his peers, Mr. Tobin has been named to lists such as "Leading Lawyers" and "Best Lawyers in America." He has received the highest rating of AV Preeminent* from the Martindale-Hubbell peer review service.
Mr. Tobin frequently uses his superior legal skills and experience to educate others. He is an instructor at the National Institute for Trial Advocacy, a respected organization that provides seminars and legal publications for lawyers, where he often lectures on closing arguments, cross-examination and a variety of other topics related to litigation.
*AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Business Litigation
- 30%General Litigation
- 20%Criminal Defense: White Collar
Trade Secret, Non-Compete Agreements, Litigation, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022
Articles about Craig D. Tobin appearing in Super Lawyers
About Craig D. Tobin
First Admitted: 1980, Illinois
Professional Webpage: http://barristers.com/attorneys/craig-d-tobin/
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association
- Illinois, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit, 1980
- American Trial Lawyer's Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Chicago Bar Association
- Instructor and Faculty Member of the National Institute of Trial Advocacy, a premier provider of trial skills, training seminars and litigation-related resources for attorneys
- Lectures on the art of cross-examination and closing arguments
- Featured in publication: Chicago Tribune
- Featured in publication: American Bar Journal
- Near North Insurance Brokerage
- Damarco Alexander
- Jeremiah Mearday
- Leading American Lawyers
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Leading Lawyers
- University of Illinois at Chicago, B.A., with honors, 1972 – 1976
Last Updated: 5/15/2022