Craig J. Squillace
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Chicago, IllinoisClifford Law Offices PC
Practice Areas: Personal Injury; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 2002
Education: The John Marshall Law School
Clifford Law Offices PC120 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60602 Visit website
A partner at the law firm of Clifford Law Offices PC, Craig J. Squillace’s personal injury practice is distinguished by a history of successful verdicts and recoveries. Licensed to practice in Illinois since 2002, he has been offering reliable and robust services to the residents of Chicago, Illinois, who are injured and killed as a result of negligent and reckless third parties.
Mr. Squillace’s clients rely on his services in cases pertaining to aviation accidents, car and truck accidents, construction accidents, medical malpractice, explosion and fires, premises liability accidents, class-action lawsuits, transportation liability, mesothelioma, sports and recreation accidents, and more. He understands the emotional, physical and financial toll that injuries may have on victims and has helped them recover millions of dollars in compensation. Some of his representative results include:
- $4 million settlement for a mother in a truck crash
- $2.5 million recovery for a teenage passenger hurt in a bus accident
- $1.95 million in a dangerous property accident
- $500,000 compensation for an auto accident
Majoring in political science and public relations, Mr. Squillace completed his Bachelor of Arts from Illinois State University in 1996. Later in 2002, he earned his doctorate in law from John Marshall Law School (now the University of Illinois Chicago School of Law). A talented speaker, he has been a part of many seminars and presentations sponsored by the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. Squillace holds active memberships in several prestigious organizations including the American Bar Association, the Chicago Bar Association, the American Association for Justice and the Illinois State Bar Association. He was the vice president of the College Democrats of America and among the board of managers of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association.
When not advocating for the rights of his clients, Mr. Squillace finds time to give back to his community. He functioned as a board member of the Western Springs Foundation for Educational Excellence (WSFEE), a nonprofit seeking to enhance educational opportunities for students. In 2013, he was appointed to the Economic Development Commission for the Village of Western Springs.
As a result of his attainments, Mr. Squillace was chosen among the Top 40 Under 40 attorneys by the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin and among the Leading Lawyers by Law Bulletin Media. He has an “Excellent” rating on Avvo.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Construction Accident, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2002, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.cliffordlaw.com/attorneys/craig-j-squillace/
- Mr. Squillace finds time to give back to the community as a part of a dedicated group on the Planning Committee for the March of Dimes' Comcast Sportsnet Sports Awards. The annual event raises funds for helping children with birth defects.
- Mr. Squillace sits on the Economic Development Committee for the village of Western Springs.
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois Juris Doctorate, 2002, 2002
- Illinois State University Bachelor of Science, Major: Political Science Major: Public Relations, 1996
- Ethics and Professionalism Seminar, Illinois Trial Lawyers’ Association, May 2016, Speaker, Ethics and Professionalism Seminar, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, 2016
- “Prompt Pay Statute 735 ILCS 5/2-2301,” Settlements, Liens and Technology Seminar, Illinois Trial Lawyers’ Association, April 2014, Speaker, "Prompt Pay Statute 735 ILCS 5/2-2301", Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, 2014
- In 2007 and 2008 he moderated a seminar for the Chicago Bar Association Young Lawyers Association, Moderator, Chicago Bar Association Young Lawyers Association, 2008
- Contributed, "Motor Vehicle Cases", Illinois Trial Lawyers' Product Liability/Premises Liability Seminar, "Motor Vehicle Cases", Illinois Trial Lawyers' Product Liability/Premises Liability Seminar, 2000
- Craig, along with partner Kevin Durkin and associate Tracy Brammeier, obtained a $1.95 million settlement on behalf of a 40-year-old male who suffered several fractures to his face and skull, a kidney laceration, hemopneumothorax, and multiple other fractures to his body when he was working on a construction project on the roof and fell through the elevator shaft to the basement. , 2019
- Craig obtained a $4 million settlement on behalf of a 60-year-old woman who was killed when her vehicle was struck from behind by a tractor-trailer truck on I-80., 2015
- Craig, along with partner Robert Walsh, obtained a $2 million settlement on behalf of a 16-year-old high schooler suffered a traumatic brain injury when a bus rammed the car in which he was a passenger. , 2008
- Super Lawyers (2020-Present), Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2022
- Best Lawyers - Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs (2022), Best Lawyers, Best Lawyers, 2022
- Leading Lawyer, Law Bulletin Media, (2018-2020), Leading Lawyer, Law Bulletin Media, 2020
- Leading Lawyers, Law Bulletin Media, Leading Lawyers, Law Bulletin Media, 2018
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2009-2013), Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2013
- 40 Under Forty, Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 2008
- Top 40 Attorneys Under 40, Law Bulletin Publishing Company, 2008, Top 40 Attorneys Under 40, Law Bulletin Publishing Company, 2008
- American Association for Justice (AAJ) (2002-Present), 2022
- Illinois (2002-Present), 2022
- American Bar Association (ABA) (2002-Present), 2022
- Chicago Bar Association (CBA) (2002-Present), 2022
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA) (2002-Present), 2022
- American Trial Lawyers Association (2002-Present), 2022
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA) (2002-Present), 2022
- Chicago Bar Association, Judicial Evaluation Committee
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Managers
- The John Marshall Law School Alumni Mentor Program
- Western Springs Foundation for Educational Excellence (WSFEE), Board Member, 2018
- College Democrats, Vice-President, 1995, 1995
Office location for Craig J. Squillace
120 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60602
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2009 - 2013