Damon M. Cheronis
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Chicago, IL
Selected to Rising Stars: 2008 - 2010
The founder of his eponymous law firm, Damon M. Cheronis focuses his practice exclusively on criminal defense matters. From the firm's offices in Chicago, Illinois, he provides aggressive representation to clients throughout Cook County and other parts of the greater metropolitan area. Admitted to practice in Illinois since 2002, Mr. Cheronis is also admitted to practice before several federal trial and appellate courts, including the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (both its General and Trial Bars), the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
Mr. Cheronis assists people who have been charged by the state or federal government with having committed misdemeanor or felony offenses. The cases that he has handled have included sex crimes such as rape and the possession of child pornography, homicide, weapons violations, drug possession and distribution, and fraud, embezzlement and other white collar crimes. Mr. Cheronis has been able to obtain positive results for many of his clients, including dismissals, acquittals, the negotiation of favorable plea agreements with the prosecution and favorable appeals. His successful track record has not gone unnoticed by his colleagues, and they have awarded him a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. In addition, Mr. Cheronis has been named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 every year since 2012, and he has also been recognized as one of America's Top 100 High-Stakes Litigators.
Mr. Cheronis attended Eastern Illinois University as an undergraduate, where he majored in history and received a Bachelor of Arts cum laude in 1999. He then pursued his legal education at Chicago-Kent College of Law, part of the Illinois Institute of Technology, and he served on the Chicago-Kent Law Review before obtaining his Juris Doctor with honors in 1992.
About Damon M. Cheronis
First Admitted: 2002, Illinois
Professional Webpage: http://www.cheronislaw.com/Attorney/Damon-M-Cheronis.shtml
- Leading Lawyer
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers, 2012 - 2014, 2016 - 2018
- Americas Top 100 High Stakes Litigators, 2017 - 2018
- Super Lawyers, 2017 - 2019
- Rising Stars, 2008 – 2010
- Eastern Illinois University, Charleston, Illinois, B.A. in History, Honors: cum laude
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Co-Chair, Chicago Bar Association, YLS Criminal Justice Section
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
Last Updated: 5/15/2022